Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Smartfly Regulator wo Failsafe Switch Problem

Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Nickolas

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Smartfly Regulator wo Failsafe Switch Problem

Hi there,

I have been operating a Smartfly voltage regulator with adjsustable voltage O/P without failsafe for two years now (yellow heat shrink). Yesterday I tried to adjust the voltage by shorting the pins as indicated in the manual, the voltage changes (either increases or decreases) but the final voltage selected is not stored for some reason. In any case I get a std output voltage of around 6.0V. It seems that there is a kind of flash memory which stores the voltage value selected that does not work for some reason.

In any case 6.0 volts is ok for me I don't need a lower or higher voltage, can I use the regulator or there is a risk of total failure?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
rrritchey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Smartfly Regulator wo Failsafe Switch Problem

Hi Nikos,
The regulator will not fail. As you say, there is a digital potentiometer in there with some flash to store the wiper position. It sounds like it is not being updated for some reason. I am sure it will just load the current setting all the time at power-up. If you order anything more from me remind me of this and I will send a replacement along with your order. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Search this Thread