Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Smartfly cut-off question Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 AM
dabracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartfly cut-off question Spektrum

I have a Smart-fly ignition cut-off and can't seem to get the LED's to work. DA-50 with separate NMH batteries for receiver and ignition, Spektrum Radio. I tried hooking up the Smart-fly transmitter into both the 'AUX 2' and 'gear' receptacles of the Spektrum receiver and cannot get the 'status' LED to illuminate when connected in either port. I double checked both Spektrum receiver receptacles (AUX 2 and gear) by hooking up a servo and they both work when the Spektrum transmitter toggles are flipped. Also the Smart-fly receiver LED will only do one quick flash when I turn the power/charger jack switch to 'on'.

???????
Don
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Smartfly cut-off question Spektrum

Hi Don,
You could have a bad unit or the servo travel may not be high enough. Have you tried turning the servo travel all the way up on the channel you are using. If you have I can send you a replacement and see if that works. Let me know.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
dabracing

Robert,

The servo travel is at 100%.
I have two of these, one that came in a plane I just bought (airframe only) and a brand new one, never used. They both do the same thing.....no LED illumination.
Is the 'status' LED suppose to illuminate when the Smart-fly transmitter has power to it?

Don
Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 AM
rrritchey

HI Don,
Yes, the status LED on the transmitter should light when the unit is on. We have used this on the DX-7 lots of times here. I can't believe you have 2 bad units. Have you tried just plugging one connector in instead of both? This is the normal way with a single receiver. You should just leave one pigtail hanging on a single receiver. Let me know.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
dabracing

Robert,

Yes, I am plugging in just one pigtail to the receiver. I have tried both pigtails, no difference. Like I said, I've also tried the AUX 2 and Gear on the spektrum receiver and neither one makes a difference.

Don
Old 08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
rrritchey

Hi Don,
I really don't know what to say. I can send you a new unit but it seems very unlikely you have 2 bad units. Let me know.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM
dabracing

Robert,

Yeah, I doubt I have two bad units. Maybe I need someone with a Spektrum and same cut-off to confirm what hookup method they used.

Anyone??

Thanks up till this point :-)

Don
Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
rrritchey

Hi Don,
Do you have another radio? Try it on that on the gear channel if you do. One way to try and confirm they work.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you plug in a servo into the gear port to see if you are getting full throw.
Try reversing the gear channel to see if the light comes on and wont go off.
Try a different piece of optical cable.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
dabracing

Well......I'm not sure what I did, but it is working now. I think it was the suggestion Quist made; reverse the 'gear' servo on my Spektrum transmitter, but I was pretty sure I already tried that one along the way. I also found out one of the two pigtails for the Smart-fly transmitter is bad. I tried swapping them both earlier too. Not a big deal since I'm only using one receiver.

Anyway, thanks very much to Robert and Quist for all their help. I can proceed with finishing this project.

Thanks again!,
Don