Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Ignition Cutoff LED

Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
sfsjkid

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ignition Cutoff LED

I just received your ignition cutoff switch yesterday and was impressed with the quality. I was all excited and tried to install it in my plane last night, but in my haste "dumb thumbed" my LED. I inadvertently plugged it into my ignition battery and it sent the front part of the LED flying off to who knows where.

Could you tell me the electrical specs of the LED you use? I realize I can most likey order it from you but as shipping would probably be more than the part, I'd like to try Radio Shack.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
rrritchey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ignition Cutoff LED

Hi,
Yes, you cannot connect an LED directly to a battery, you have to have a resistor in series to limit the current. These LEDs are high efficiency LEDs that have a typical forward voltage of 2.0V with a maximum of 2.5V. They produce 100mcd at 20mA. Basically you should be able to use any 5mm LED but it may not be as bright.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
sfsjkid

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ignition Cutoff LED

Thanks for the quick reply Robert! I'll play around with the stuff in my parts bin first then. Have a nice one!

Search this Thread