Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Eq10 programming questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
silverfx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eq10 programming questions

Hello,
I have recently purchased your products ie super reg, eq10, ignition cutoff etc. I am feeling somewhat embarrassed and confused about the instructions to set up the unit. Rather than forge on and possibly damage it I felt it best to contact you to see if there is a very simple method for dummies like me.

I have installed the units into the aircraft, and have a JR 9X pcm transmitter, and would appreciate your assistance on exactly how to set up step by step. the aircraft has two ganged rudder servos, 2 aileron servos per wing, 1 servo per elevator half.

Further, I have friends that have purchased your equipment having similar problems, sorry to be a problem, hoping you have a little patience for me,

regards

James
Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Eq10 programming questions

Hi James,
Can you tell me where you are stuck to start with? Have you ever programmed a Matchbox or Equalizer?
Please let me know and I can start to help.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
rrritchey

Hi James,
If you have not programmed an Equalizer or Matchbox then here is how to basically get started. Playing with the unit on the bench will not hurt anything and its a good way to learn. Basically the easiest thing is to ignore the option menu to start. It has features that make setting up easier but it is not necessary to set any of them. First you need to see if you need to reverse any servos. If so, you set the channel selector to the channel number and set the function selector to 4 to reverse servo A, 5 to reverse servo B and so on. Push the "Incr" button and the LED on that channel will go to a fast blink. This means the servo is reversed. To adjust the servos, set the channel selector to the channel you want to start working on and set the function selector to 1 for servo A, 2 for servo B and so on. When the transmitter stick is in the middle, the LED by the channel adjusting should be at a slow blink meaning you are adjusting the subtrim at this point. Use the "Incr" and "Decr" buttons to center your surface. Then push the transmitter stick all the way to one limit. The LED should go to a fast blink meaning you are now adjusting the travel volume. Use the "Incr" and "Decr" buttons again to set the surface throw to the end position you want. You should alway adjust on high rates if you have dual rates set. To match a second servo to the first servo just follow the same procedure to either minimize the current drawn by the servo or just listen to the buzzing to go away.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 AM
silverfx

Thanks Robert,
sorry for delay, I have been away for a few days, this will be my first time programming, hopefully I will be OK from here on in.

regards
James
Old 10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Luizinho
My Feedback: (10)

Robert I am Trying to Adjust the servo A on Channel 5. I have two servos in one half wing. Channel 5 A and channel 5 b are pluged. The servo on channel 5A needs to be center. The power is OFF. I selected The function 1 and channel 5 to ajusted and the I turned the power ON. The channel 5 led's start flashing fast. I star pushing one of the bottoms "Inrc" or "Derc" but the servo is not moving. What I am doing wrong ?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

are you tapping the button or pushing it and holding? You need to push and hold the button.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Luizinho

I tried pushing and holding and then tapping any button. I also have my radio ON. but nothing moves.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:07 AM
rrritchey

Hi Luiz,
It sounds like you have not configured your transmitter correctly so that aileron is on that channel. The fast blink means that the servo is over in the endpoint adjustment. This would make sense if your transmitter was still set so that the gear function was still on channel 5. Have you tried channel 1 (I am assuming a Futaba system with aileron on channel 1) aileron, rudder or elevators?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Luizinho

I have JR 9303 radio. I move the aileron stick left and right and the Aileron moves up and down. But I will check today.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
rrritchey

Hi Luiz,
The fast blink means the Eq10 thinks the servo is not at center but over at an endpoint. Let me know.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Robert,

While programming my EQ 10, I encountered something I don't understand on 2 separate occasions: both were while programming the aileron servos (2 per wing half). While programming the endpoints, the servo connected to port A worked normally while the servo connected to port B would go to the endpoint in one direction and then freewheel when the other endpoint was selected. I was using the endpoint hold function. To check the servos, I went back to the run condition and the servo connected with port B would freewheel when commanded the same as it did during programming.

In the first case, I switched to a new channel on the EQ 10 and programming went normally. In the second case, I moved the servo plugged into port B to port C and programming went normally. Before switching ports, I tried resetting the individual channel in each case and reprogramming with the same result (freewheeling of B servo).

I find this strange...what could I be doing wrong?

If these ports are failing, what's to keep other ports from failing spontaneously?

Thank you, Albert.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
I have never seen this but I think I may know what is happening. On the B port the endpoint is set too far. On an 8411 when you go too far in one direction the servo quits working. Other digital servos may do the same thing. You need to lower your travel volume on your ailerons. The reason it did not do this on the C port is that you probably did not program it and the travel volume was within the range of the servo.
Let me know if you have any other questions.