Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Batshare connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 PM
jnjong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batshare connectors

Hi,
I got this batshare and some question and requesting your feedback the soonest.

1. My Batshare has two output connectors. Should I connect both connectors into RX one channel using "Y" harness or separated into two channels?

2. Would there be any interference if I piggy back my Batshare on top of my Futaba receiver?

Jong
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Batshare connectors

Hi Jong,

1) Using a "Y" will defeat the purpose of the two outputs. You should connect one output to the battery port and the other to any open servo port.

2) I would not recommend this. The BatShare will not create any interference but you should always keep the power line going to the battery
as far from the receiver as possible. The servo noise goes down this line from all the servos and can cause receiver problems. When you run you
power and servo wires they should always exit the receiver and go away from the receiver, never wrap around it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
jnjong

Hi,

My Futaba DP 148 receiver has 8 channels which are fully utilised except channel 7 but this will be taken up by Batshare second or first output while the battery port has been utilised for my airplane left elevetor half.

Would it be ok if use/connect the "Y" into this port and at one end to the servo and the other to Batshare output?

Jong
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
rrritchey

Hi Jong,
I would "Y" into your rudder port and an open port. This can use a lot of current in knife-edge and snaps and "Y"ing the power in here will provide a short current path for the rudder servo.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 AM
jnjong

Hi, Robert,
Thanks for guidance tip and once I've completed my wiring set up I will reply this post again with picture of my set up for your comments.

Thanks.
Jong
Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 PM
jnjong

Hi, Robert,

Here the picture of my installed Batshare.

I followed your guidance, now both output goes into my Futaba Receiver in Channel 4 and Channel 7. Battery port is use for Elevator half and Channel 4 is for Rudder but I "Y" using a short "Y".

Is that distance away from the receiver good?

Regards
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37591.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	786761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23386.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	786762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89723.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	786763  
Old 10-21-2007, 10:05 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Your installation looks really nice. There should not be any distance issues with the BatShare. In general all you want to be sure of is to keep the receiver antenna as far away from any outputs (or inputs like power) of the receiver.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
jnjong

Thanks for Robert for the tips and advices.

On my CG test I have to relocate the battery elsewhere and will ensure routing of cable does not touch any of the output/input cable and receiver antenna too.

I heard that consuming power from battery to receiver and forward to all servos will lost its power passing due to long cables extension and connectors. So, I would like to know if Batshare has the ability to help/ensuring consistance power right up to the servos.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
There is nothing that can be done about long cables and extra connectors except to eliminate them. This is due to the fact that wire and connectors have resistance and that means power loss. It is always best to keep your battery leads as short as possible and reduce the number of connectors. The BatShare does help a bit with the dual outputs.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
jnjong

Thanks. for the technical support. Once I going for next bigger plane I am looking forward for power expender or power system you have on sale.

Best Regards,
Jong