Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Smart-Fly in a AW 75CC Extra

Old 12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
mflander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart-Fly in a AW 75CC Extra

Hi,

I am putting together an Aeroworks 75CC Extra 260 and will have this setup:

Either 6 5955 servos or 5 8711's
2 Standard servo's(throttle and choke)
DA 85 Engine (will want ignition cutoff and power needs to be regulated)
JR X9303 Radio with 921 spektrum receiver so uninterrupted power to the receiver is crucial

What Smart-Fly components and batteries would you recommend for this setup... I can do all the mixing by my radio, so no equalizers are needed. Weight is important to me, but confidence in my system knowing it has the power it needs is more important. I assume a turboreg into a PE Sport would be my best bet... but if you add the switch and ignition cutoff in and a reg for the ignition the price adds up pretty quick... just wondering if there is a better option.

Thank you!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Smart-Fly in a AW 75CC Extra

Hi,
We made the PowerSystem Sport Plus all-in-one unit just for this application. It takes two lithium batteries in using standard connectors, has a builtin 6V regulator and Ignition Cutoff. It has 8 channels. The Cutoff can be run directly off the receiver if you like. You still may consider an Equalizer for the rudder if you use two servos. Sometimes mixing can cause a delay on the slave channel from the master channel.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/Po...ersystems.html
Old 12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
mflander

Will this handle the power needed for the 8711 servo's?? I looked at that system but assumed the regulator would not handle it.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
To make sure it would handle anything an 85cc plane could throw at it we put this unit in a 100cc Aeroworks 260 with 8 8711 servos and bashed it as best we could. The regulator had a 40% margin in that application. It is absolutely plenty for your application. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
mflander

so that system and and an ign reg is all I need. Thanks for the quick response. One last thing, do you have any idea whether I should go with 3 2600 fromeco packs or 1 2600 and 2 5200's... or what the run times should be? I think I am just going to order them all from your site for convenience, a long with the ion cube(the ability to charge the entire plane at once would be very nice). Just want to order once and make sure I get everything I need .
Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
You should get plenty of flight time with 3 2600JR packs. I don't carry the 5200s with JR connectors. The only other decision is mechanical switches (like the JR heavy duty) or a failsafe switch.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
mflander

I didn't see that the powersystem was jr connectors. 5 8711's are going to be good on 2 jr connectors.. I just assumed they would pull too much for those connectors. Good to know. thanks for your help.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:51 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
Yes, you are fine with JR connectors in this size plane and with that number of servos. We don't consider it enough for 100cc planes and up which is why we cut off the size for this unit at 85cc. As I said, we put 8 8711s on this in a 25 pound plane and had margin. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

As for the batteries. How about the flightpower lipos?