Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JR 2.4 9 Channel Reciever

Hi Robert,

I presently have 2 of your power expanders, one of them is the older Futaba version, and the other is the newer Power Expander Pro, both are currently installed in seperate 35% aircraft. They work fantastic and would like to continue using them...I am now going over to the dark side and have ordered a JR X9393.
    Will the JR/Spektrum 9 channel recievers work in these PE's? Can I simply Swap out the Recievers and if so, what's to be done with the spare PE connections? Any other Info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Regards,
    -larry-
    Larry L.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: JR 2.4 9 Channel Reciever

HI Larry,
    You can use them with both these PowerExpanders. On the Futaba PowerExpander you can plug the power wire into the battery slot. The pigtail coming out the back of the unit is the DSC cable and you can use this to bind, I think, I have not tried this on the old PowerExpanders. On the PowerExpander Pro, do not plug anything from it into the battery port on the 2.4GHz receiver. If you do you risk unbinding at some point, probably a very inconvenient point. Just plug the channel wires into the servo outputs. Any unused channels on the PowerExpander can be left open.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robert,

Need to check something here. I'm currently running a Power Expander Pro using a JR 955 and plan to switch to a Spectrum 9000. I'm confused by
    your statement that nothing from the power expander should be plugged into the battery port on the 2.4GHz receiver. Perhaps this doesn't apply to
    my situation but thought it would be silly not to ask. I'm just starting the migration to 2.4 so this is part of my education. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    On the PowerExpander Sport, Pro, Eq10 and MZ none of the receiver connections should plug into the battery port on a receiver that supports DSC. In general I tell people not to plug into the battery port on a receiver at all. If you do this on a receiver that supports DSC it will put the receiver into DSC mode where it ignores the antenna.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com