Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

JR 2.4 9 Channel Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
PropStriker
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 2.4 9 Channel Reciever

Hi Robert,

I presently have 2 of your power expanders, one of them is the older Futaba version, and the other is the newer Power Expander Pro, both are currently installed in seperate 35% aircraft. They work fantastic and would like to continue using them...I am now going over to the dark side and have ordered a JR X9393.
Will the JR/Spektrum 9 channel recievers work in these PE's? Can I simply Swap out the Recievers and if so, what's to be done with the spare PE connections? Any other Info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Regards,
-larry-
Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: JR 2.4 9 Channel Reciever

HI Larry,
You can use them with both these PowerExpanders. On the Futaba PowerExpander you can plug the power wire into the battery slot. The pigtail coming out the back of the unit is the DSC cable and you can use this to bind, I think, I have not tried this on the old PowerExpanders. On the PowerExpander Pro, do not plug anything from it into the battery port on the 2.4GHz receiver. If you do you risk unbinding at some point, probably a very inconvenient point. Just plug the channel wires into the servo outputs. Any unused channels on the PowerExpander can be left open.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Robert,

Need to check something here. I'm currently running a Power Expander Pro using a JR 955 and plan to switch to a Spectrum 9000. I'm confused by
your statement that nothing from the power expander should be plugged into the battery port on the 2.4GHz receiver. Perhaps this doesn't apply to
my situation but thought it would be silly not to ask. I'm just starting the migration to 2.4 so this is part of my education. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
On the PowerExpander Sport, Pro, Eq10 and MZ none of the receiver connections should plug into the battery port on a receiver that supports DSC. In general I tell people not to plug into the battery port on a receiver at all. If you do this on a receiver that supports DSC it will put the receiver into DSC mode where it ignores the antenna.
Let me know if you have any other questions.