Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Receiver mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Receiver mounting

Hello,

I just got my first Power Expander Pro and I have a question about mounting the receiver. I know that double sided tape is included with the Power Expander for mounting the receiver. This seems like it would be a fairly permanent method for attaching the receiver. At the very least removing the receiver could be difficult. Have you used, or know of any one successfully using, velco to mount their receiver to their Power Expander?

TIA for your help!

Cheers!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Receiver mounting

Hi,
The 3M Dual-lock should not be used as a whole piece. You should cut some 1/4"x1" or 3/8"x1" strips and use a strip on each end of the receiver. You are right that if you use the whole 1"x2" piece on the receiver you will never get it up. Some people have used velcro but I don't know with what success.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Receiver mounting

i USE INDUSTRIAL STREGNTH VELCRO ON A TONOF MY rc APPLICATIONS. tHIS WAY IF i EVER WANT TO PULL THAT rx OUT THE PLANE AND SWITCH IT i JUST HAVE TOO REATACH IT TO THE VELCRO ELSEWHERE. i ALWAYS PUT THE FUZZY SIDE ON THE EQUIPMENT AND THE PLASTICY SIDE ON THE AIRCRAFTS,
dARN cAPS, lol I HATE this latop