Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

eq6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:47 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eq6 turbo

Can you run dual recievers on an eq6 turbo??
Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: eq6 turbo

Hi Andy,
In general I would not recommend it. I saw Bill Hempel running dual receivers on my Eq10 and it scared me a bit but he said it was working fine. The reason I discourage this is that two receivers this close can "talk" to each other, each one seeing the other one's local oscillator. This will cause interference and can reduce range. In addition, the two power leads coming off the Eq6 for the receiver do not have individual filters on them so if you plug two receivers in, one into each side, the electrical path can cause the local oscillator "talking" to be worse than just placing two receivers close to each other, each with their own power. This is the reason you really do NOT want to interconnect dual receivers in a plane. I know that some people run a jumper between the receivers with a fuse. This is a bad idea. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Would it change anything if I left the recievers seperated and ran extensions(or had you make me one with longer leads) and then split each battery output so that both rx's get the dual power??
Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 AM
rrritchey

Hi Andy,
That would not make much difference. The issue is that both receivers will get the same power and this allows them to "talk" to each other over the power lines. There is now way around this with the Eq6. If you want to run dual receivers on the Eq6 I cannot guarantee anything. I strongly recommend against it.