Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

EQ10, endpoints, and deflection.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Sukhoi4Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQ10, endpoints, and deflection.

Hi guys, looking for advice and opinions here. I have a WH Extra 300, a DX 7, JR921 rx, and 5955's around except for the rudder which is a single 8711, and an EQ10 with Turbo reg. I have set the center points on all channels so that they are the same for the correct channels. I haven't set the end points for any of the servos yet. I have a problem with my elevators in that I get more throw from the left half than I do on the right half, particularly on high rate at full deflection, maybe 5-6°. I haven't put a deflection meter on it yet, and I haven't checked the down travel yet. Would I correct this with the end point settings on the EQ10? The control rods are set to the same length. Thanks for all your help.

I should add that both elevator halves are on channel 3 on the rx/EQ10, with one side reversed. I am using throttle, ail,ele,rudder,choke,ail,smoke, so all channels are used.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:57 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: EQ10, endpoints, and deflection.

Hi,
Servos come from the factor with different amounts of throw. The potentiometer that is used to determine position can have up to a 5% error, which will translate into a throw difference. You should use the endpoint adjust to match the elevator halves. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Sukhoi4Me

Thanks Mr. Ritchey. Will use the end points to set it up correctly.

P.S. this is my first piece of your equipment, but it definately won't be my last. It has made set-up a breeze. Thanks for everything you do to help us out.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:04 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
Thanks for the complement. Always nice to hear our stuff makes things easier.