Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

power expander pin connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power expander pin connectors

Hi Robert
I am building a 35% Giles with two servos/ailerons +JR Matchbox and power expander pro. I am worried about the frequency of plug/unplug the ailerons extensions on the powerexpander everytime i go the the field. Could the pins connectors coome loose with the time on the power expander?

I am asking which it's better between both options and why?

1) I could use a short servo extension (6'' long) with one end connected on the power expander and the other end extension connected on the ailerons servos extensions with the use of the yellow connector showed on the photo.

2) No small servos entension and run the ailerons servos directly on the power expander and plug/unplug the wires from the power expander everytime i go to the field.

Daniel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51753.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	925030  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 AM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: power expander pin connectors

MPI has a connector called "douple link" (you will need two) one end plugs into your power extender the other end is mounted in the the plane one on each side of the fusalodge.
Your aileron servoes plug int it, you can plug up to two on each side.
can see the double link below the power expander here's the link http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-3.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59942.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	925068  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:48 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: power expander pin connectors

Hi Daniel,
I would not worry about the PowerExpander side. The pins on the PowerExpander will not wear out or loosen. The sockets in the male connector that plugs into the PowerExpander will wear out first. No matter how you look at it, the male coming from the servo side will wear out first. Even if you use a small extension, the pins will be on the PowerExpander side and the sockets on the servo extension. I would just monitor the situation and if the connector starts to seem loose replace the extension. You want to minimize the number of connectors between the servo and the PowerExpander, they cause more voltage drop than a lot of 22ga wire.