Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Which Smart Fly product is for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Which Smart Fly product is for me?

Hello,

I have had great success with your regulators over the years. I would now like a recommendation for a new application.

I am switching from the Futaba 149DP receiver to the 14 channel FASST receiver. I know about the low signal voltage from the FASST rx, hence I would like a Surefly product that buffers the servo outputs (all 14) and also provides for dual battery input.

Can you guide me in the correct direction? BTW it is for a pretty fast turbine with quite a few large digital servos, including JR8711.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Smart Fly product is for me?

Hi Matt,
The PowerExpander MZ would be the one. It takes two batteries in, is fully compatible with the 14-channel FASST receiver and will buffer 12 channels (sorry its not 14) with a servo signal output voltage of 5.0V. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

You mean this one?

http://www.smart-fly.com/eShop/20Rev...oductCode=PE-2

And is there anything that would prevent me from hooking the remaining 2 channels (13 and 14) up directly to the RX, while the other 12 channels are running through your unit?

Thanks again,

PS are you (or an authorized dealer) going to be at the RCX show in Pomona this weekend?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Matt,
You can hook up directly to the receiver as long as you do not exceed an amp of current. Your ECU can hook directly to the receiver for instance. You don''t want to overload the receiver regulators. We recommend you DO NOT attach any servos directly to the receiver, even small analog ones. Sorry, as far as I know no one will be at RCX for us. We just could not fit it in with the move.