Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: EQ10 issue?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EQ10 issue?

Iā€™m having an issue with the throttle setup in my Yellow P-38 Lightning. I believe I have pinpointed the problem to the EQ10. This is my second EQ10 so I am familiar with its operation. I have the right engine on channel 1-a and the left engine on channel 1-b. During my initial setup the b-servo was acting funny, it would have trouble finding the center of the movement, IE it would hunt a little after stopping. I assumed it was a bad servo and replaced it. Today I was readjusting the low-end endpoint to synchronize the engines idle. I did the a-servos checking the engine RPM then switched the function dial to the b-servo doing the same. When I switched the function dial back to the a-servo the b-servo quite working completely. I manually rotated the servo arm and it was as if the servo was unplugged. I turned the channel and function dials to 0 and recycled the power switch and all was well again. Now I am worried! Do you think I have a problem with the new EQ10?

My other EQ10 is in a Composite ARF 2.6 Yak and worked great for two years. The EQ10 in my P-38 I won at the pilots raffle at the Speedworld Jet Meet this last winter. Iā€™m leaving for the Joe Nall meet in 9 days. I could pull the EQ10 from my Yak but that would require setting up both all over. HELP!!

Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EQ10 issue?

Hi Danny,
    I think you are seeing a small bug that occurred in the second batch of Eq10s where the servo priority mode is always on. With it on, when you are adjusting the A servo, B will be turned off. If you go to B then A will be on. This has bothered very few people. If you like I can send you a revision where the servo priority can be set as per the manual.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What does this involve?

Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Danny,
    I am not sure what you mean. If you want me to send you another unit e-mail me privately here or at info@Smart-Fly.com with your address and phone.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got the new unit the next day and installed. What great customer service! Thanks Robert.