Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

PowerExpander Sport Plus and Zenoah G-38

Old 04-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerExpander Sport Plus and Zenoah G-38

Hey I see that the PESP is rated for 40-85 cc engines. I have a Hanger 9, P-47 that will have two 6 volt battery packs. Considering this, is the G-38 close enough to use the PESP? It has eveything I need, 2 battery capability, battery regulator and fiber optic ignition cutoff.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: PowerExpander Sport Plus and Zenoah G-38

HI BBOwen,
Actually there is no lower limit. We should have said "up to 85cc". Does the G-38 have an electronic ignition? We do not work with magnetos.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: PowerExpander Sport Plus and Zenoah G-38

Yes it is has been converted to EI. I am glad to hear that it is ok. That unit is just what the doctor ordered.

I just noticed that the Power Expander is set up for 8 channels. I am using a Futaba 9c PCM RX. Could the IGN input be considered a 9th channel?
Thanks Robert!