Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

eq6 charge jacks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eq6 charge jacks

Is it okay to power the new eq6 through the charge jacks instead of the Dean's connectors?

The plane this is going in is a 50cc model. It's already pre-wired with heavy duty wiring and Futaba J connectors for redundant power, and I'd really hate to have to tear it all out, or add in another short extension to adapt it to Deans Ultras.

Overkill, but for less than the price of three matchboxes and two regulators, why argue with success? It doesn't need anywhere near the 12A capacity.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eq6 charge jacks

Hi Matt,
No, that would not be acceptable. The traces from the charge jack to the system are too small to handle more than 2.5 amps per side and even at this current would be stressed. They were designed only to be used for charging. I recommend using an adapter or cutting off the male plug and soldering on a Deans directly to the output of the switch.