Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

problems with eq10 and power spander sport

hi to all i benn using smart fly products for about a yera and i f found something very strange, 2 weeks a go i was at the field and i want to chek the radio and no response , y look inside the plane all ok, the smart fly eq 10 all leds ok, move the radio no response i was using the jr 9 chanels receivers, i take out the receiver crystal change the frequency and all ok , i think that it was a crystal problem, but yesterday i was seting up a new edge 540 was doing the set up of the radio i swicht off then turn on again and no response , i change the crystal and all is working ok , i put the crystal that dont work in the model in another receiver and is runing ok , i don t nowk wy is happend this

any sugetion

thanks
    sorry for my english

marcelo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: problems with eq10 and power spander sport

Hi Marcelo,
    I am not sure why this is happening either but if all the channel LEDs were on then the Eq10 was receiving valid pulses from the receiver. One thing you did not mention, were the servos running and stationary or were they limp. If they were running and stationary then the Eq10 was output control signals to the servos. In this case, the receiver was not responding to the transmitter. Just to check, you have NOTHING plugged into the battery slot of the receiver, correct. The battery slot on receivers should NEVER be plugged into with any connection from a PowerExpander or PowerSystem. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi robbert thanks for your quick replay
    the problems was that all was runnig ok, i turn off , the turn on again, and no response, i change thje frecuency crystal , and all working ok, i test the crystal that i take out from the receiver , into a new receiver and the crystal is working fine, the i put again into the old receiver and no work , this is the second time that hapend one in a eq10 and the other in a sport plus,

wath could be??
    thank
    marcelo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    Since you say it happened in a Sport Plus I have to believe its something with your radio. The Sport Plus only buffers the signals. If your receiver was working and getting power from the Sport Plus then there is nothing that would cause the servos to stop working except if the receiver was not work. There is more than can happen in an Eq10 so its more complicated. Any simple PowerExpander like the Sport, Pro, MZ or Sport Plus has just buffers that will always follow the output of the receiver. I think this points to your receiver for what ever reason.

Also, can you confirm you have NOTHING in the battery slot of the receivers?
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com