Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

eq6 charge jacks

Is it okay to power the new eq6 through the charge jacks instead of the Dean's connectors?

The plane this is going in is a 50cc model. It's already pre-wired with heavy duty wiring and Futaba J connectors for redundant power, and I'd really hate to have to tear it all out, or add in another short extension to adapt it to Deans Ultras.

Overkill, but for less than the price of three matchboxes and two regulators, why argue with success? It doesn't need anywhere near the 12A capacity.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: eq6 charge jacks

Hi Matt,
    No, that would not be acceptable. The traces from the charge jack to the system are too small to handle more than 2.5 amps per side and even at this current would be stressed. They were designed only to be used for charging. I recommend using an adapter or cutting off the male plug and soldering on a Deans directly to the output of the switch.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com