Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Eq6 Help !

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
kamello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eq6 Help !

i have the Eq6, and i have the Spektrum AR9000 receiver, whit the eq6 i can only use 6 channels from 8 that have, 1 from throttle,2 for elevator,1 rudder,2 Ailerons and thats it ??? the other 2 channels free in the eq6 are for the 2 batts?, where i can connect the ignicioncutoff and the smoke pump ?? theres no anymore channels free in this thing [:@]

Other question, the manuals says that i have connect the channel 1 and channel 8 to the receiver, so i have to connect the channel 1 into the Throttle and the channel 8 into AU4?? in which port i have to connect the throttle in my Rx in the gear or elevator or aux 1 o 2 ??

Kinda sucks this thing !
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Eq6 Help !

Hi,
I think you have missed the point of channels 1 and 8. They supply power to the receiver BUT they also tap the servo port. If you look at the servo rails you will see both channel 1 and channel 8 are there. The way you have it setup you can plug your throttle servo into channel 1 and if you have anything on AUX4 you would plug that into channel 8. Ignition Cutoff goes on one of the channels 2-7, you can pick any one of them. If you still are not sure how this works please call me (480-460-2652).
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 PM
kamello

Thanks Robert

You open my eyes [:-] i was thinking that the channel 1 and 8 are only for the batteries sorry about it !

Robert when turn on the eq6 for firts time i have to do #8 and #7 functions steps (the radio ON only in #7 right?) i need to have all servos connected in the receiver when doing this ?

The #3 function Endpoint Hold what is for ? doing this step cant adjust the trvael of the servo direct from my radio ?

Thanks !
Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
When you get done hooking up the receiver to the Eq6 you should no have anything in any of the battery ports on the receiver. This is very important.

You do not "have" to do steps 8 and 7, it is only recommended. You do need the transmitter on for #7. You do not have to have the servos connected for this. The End-point Hold function will hold your servos at the extreme stick movement without you holding the stick there while you adjust. If you turn this on for a channel you have to move the stick as far as it will go on the transmitter and hold it there for about 2 seconds. The servo will follow the stick after this time to the endpoint. You can then take your hands off the transmitter and make your adjustments. To return to neutral go all the way the other way for about 2 seconds.