Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Futaba Power Expander and 12FG

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM
PropStriker
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Power Expander and 12FG

Hi Robert,

Had an interesting thing happen last nite while setting up my 100cc YAK.

I'm using the new FASST 12FG and the R6014FS in an older Futaba Power expander.

This new setup will use 2 Hitec 5955's in a rudder tray sharing the rudder channel, and an analog Throttle servo. All other surfaces use Hitec 5945's.
The rudder channel was originally assigned by the Radio to channel 3 and Throttle to channel 6 by default...the PE has only 2 servo connections on channel 3 and 4 servo connections on channel 6.
With one 5955 servo plugged in, no Problems at all....but once the secound 5955 servo was plugged in, the servos went nuts and started jittering.

After re-assigning the Rudder to channel 6 and placing the throttle on channel 3, all seems fine.

Might you have any insight as to why the 3rd channel on the PE would not accept 2 5955's sharing that channel, but channel 6 takes the 2 servos with No Issues?
The PE was working flawlessly on a 100cc plane with a 72mhz R319 previous to this setup, but as you know, the Futaba 9CAP assigns the throttle to channel 3 and I never had more than 1 servo connected.

best Regards,
-larry-
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Futaba Power Expander and 12FG

Hi Larry,
Well, you have to go back to the instruction manual on this one. The old Futaba and JR PowerExpanders had two types of channels, those that are buffered and those that are not. The channels that have four servo outputs are buffered while the channels that have two outputs are not buffered. What this means is that the servo signal line will be 5.0V on the buffered channels but the servo signal line on the unbuffered channels will be what ever the receiver puts out on that channel. It also means that if you plug two servo into the unbuffered channel the receiver will see two servo loads. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 AM
PropStriker
My Feedback: (12)

Robert!!

Go Back to the Instuction Manual!!! What!! Are you Kidding!!! )

Why should I when you're simply a click away and respond so soon???

Thanks so much for the explaination, that deffinitly solved the issue.....

Best Regards!
-larry-
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
rrritchey

Hi Larry,
I can send you a PDF of the manual if you want. Just let me know.