Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

what to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 AM
atr42flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to choose?

33% extra 330L with a fuji 86 on the front. i have a futaba T7CAP that i own and would like to use but, it is limited in mixing. so i have all hitec 645mg servos on all surfaces, 8 of them and 1 standard throttle servo the breakdown is as follows.
2 per aileron = 4 total
1 per elev. = 2 total
2 for the rudder.

which system should i go with to work well with my tx/rx. i think i need to be able to match the servos on each aileron and rudder also the tx does not have ailivator mix so since i have 2 servos for the elevator i would only be able to trim one side. make sense? this is of course using no y harnesses which i would like to avoid. also i plan on using 2 batteries 2700mah nimh and a 3rd on the ignition.

i could go with futaba's msa-10's but they are expensive when you have to buy 3 of them. i know you sell a similar product if i use the power expander sport plus would i have to buy something to match the servos as well. thanks in advance. brian
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to choose?

Hi Brian,
Since you want to run NiMH then I would suggest the PowerExpander Eq10. It has servo matching on all 10 channels and you can use it if you move to a larger plane. Its going to be more than 3 MSA-10s but you get a lot more. This will give you more power to your servos because each servo will have its own power source and the power connections to the Eq10 are through Deans connectors so you will have very little voltage loss between the battery packs and the servos outputs. Let me know if you have any more questions.