Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

EQ 10 setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
pcsol
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQ 10 setup questions

Hello SmartFly,
I have a couple of questions and/or issues regarding setting up end points and center with multiple servos on a single surface with the EQ10 .
My setup is three 5955’s on an aileron wired to EQ channel 9 A, B and C.
Following the documentation channel 9 is set with Endpoint hold and output priority enabled.
1. When setting center or endpoints on channel A it still seems to be fighting with channel B and C (current draw and noise increase considerably). Is this what output priority is suppose to eliminate or is some fighting normal ?
2. During endpoint setup with deflection to one side I can increase /decrease increments on A but after switching to servo B or C, I can only decrease increments (increase has no affect).
Is there any scenario that could cause this ?
3. Finally, after setting center, then setting endpoints on up travel, I then set the endpoints on down travel but when done the surface will not go back to center. It only travels back about 1 - 1.5 inches. After a power off /on the surface goes back to center but the down travel endpoints are not set, maybe its just my procedure ?

Thanks for any assistance !
Steve
Old 10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: EQ 10 setup questions

Hi Steve,
Please see below.

ORIGINAL: pcsol
Hello SmartFly,
I have a couple of questions and/or issues regarding setting up end points and center with multiple servos on a single surface with the EQ10 .
My setup is three 5955’s on an aileron wired to EQ channel 9 A, B and C.
Following the documentation channel 9 is set with Endpoint hold and output priority enabled.
1. When setting center or endpoints on channel A it still seems to be fighting with channel B and C (current draw and noise increase considerably). Is this what output priority is suppose to eliminate or is some fighting normal ?
The output priority will try to disable servos B & C when programming A BUT Hitecs do not work like all other servos and cannot be turned off by not sending pulses to the servo so you will have to disconnect B & C when programming A and then connect B to match A and then C to match to A & B.
2. During endpoint setup with deflection to one side I can increase /decrease increments on A but after switching to servo B or C, I can only decrease increments (increase has no affect).
Is there any scenario that could cause this ?
I think that C is fighting the other servos. This should not happen. I am sure if you only have B connected you can go both ways.
3. Finally, after setting center, then setting endpoints on up travel, I then set the endpoints on down travel but when done the surface will not go back to center. It only travels back about 1 - 1.5 inches. After a power off /on the surface goes back to center but the down travel endpoints are not set, maybe its just my procedure ?
I think its just the way you are trying to use this and the qirks of the Hitec servos. You will have to use the proceedure I outlined above of doing A then B then C.
Thanks for any assistance !
Steve
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
pcsol

Thank you Robert for your very quick reply.
I will have a chance to go through your recommended procedure tomorrow evening and will post my results.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
pcsol

Robert,
The steps you outlined did indeed work. I set center as best as possible mechanically, then I was able to set absolute center with some fine adjustments on the EQ.
I then worked the end points connected individually, somewhat similar to what I would do with a Hitec programmer (but a whole lot faster !) .
A little quirky but I was able to setup the second wing in less than half the time as the first.
Maybe the process could have an addendum added for Hitec users ?
Thanks !
Old 10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Glad things are working now. I do put a Hitec warning about this in the Equalizers but forgot to put it in with the PE Eq10. I will get these inserted in the packages. Sorry about the hassle.