Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

JR Power Expander....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Power Expander....

I bought a plane that has the Power Expander Pro ... and says that it's for JR receivers....

Can I use a Futaba receiver with this unit...??

Thanks

Larry
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89849.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1087885  
Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: JR Power Expander....

Hi Larry,
Yes, you can. The one thing you need to take note if is that the channels with 4 outputs
are buffered while the channels with 2 outputs are not buffered. This means if you hook
2 servos up to a 2 channel output the receiver will see 2 servo loads. If you hook 4
servos up to a 4 channel output the receiver will only see 1 load. I have e-mailed you
the manual for this unit.

ORIGINAL: les2097
I bought a plane that has the Power Expander Pro ... and says that it's for JR receivers....
Can I use a Futaba receiver with this unit...??
Thanks
Larry
[email protected]
Old 12-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Pilot013

Hi!

Please can you also send me a manual for this Smart Fly power expander, because I also plan to use mine with a Futaba R149DP receiver. I just want to know how to make it work...

My e-mail: [email protected]

Best regards and thanks!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:29 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

Thanks Robert... I got the manual...

On the JR Power Expander there is one extra lead... (I'm using a Futaba 149DP) ... can I plug this into the DSC receiver position to keep it from dangling in the wind...???

On your answer to me about the 2 channel outputs are not buffered and the 4 channel outputs are buffered indication a 2 servo load and only 1 servo load as perceived by the receiver, respectively...

Is there a big problem with this...? Is it better to use the 4 channel outputs rather than the two channel outputs...?? because of what the receiver sees a servo loads....???

Robert, what's the 3 wire lead coming out of the expander where the two battery leads are attached...??

Thanks again Robert.

Larry
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
rrritchey

Hi Larry,
You should plug the power lead (3-wire receiver connection) into the battery/DSC port on the receiver.

If you are going to have multiple servos on a channel its better to use the 4-output channels for that.
The receiver will see less load and all the servos will see a 5V control signal.

The lead out the back is the DSC connector for the transmitter cable.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
paulbyrum
My Feedback: (1)

if i switch from jr 10x to jr9303 (jr921 rx), will the power expander eq 10 have to be modified? is it a "drop-in" ? any advice? thanks, paul byrum.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 AM
rrritchey

Hi Paul,
I am not sure what you mean by "drop-in" but if you mean will you have to make any adjustments, you might. The reason is that the two transmitters may differ in their outputs slightly. Stick centering is never perfect, they never output exactly 1.5msec pulse at neutral so when changing transmitters your centers may be off slightly. Also, it depends on the how they calibrate throw so your throws may not be exactly the same. All the adjustments should be minor though.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
paulbyrum
My Feedback: (1)

thanks, paul byrum.