Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SmartFly Vs. PowerBox

Hi...I'm setting up my Python . I have 8 servos in all. Only one is non digatal.
    Servos are
    1-8711
    6-8611's
    and one ???
    Anyhow I have two Duralite 3000mah Li/manganese batts. for the R6014 receiver and a 2900 Li/ion for the ignition.
    I have one of your optical kill systems for the engine.
    My question is.between the PowerBox 40/16 evo and your Compition 12 system which is going to give me the most benifits for the dollar spent?

I'm confused as to weather I even need some type of power expander on only 8 servos.
    Please give me some good advise as to what I should do.

Thanks
    Let\'\'s be open minded.... But not so open that your brain falls out
    Waco Brotherhood #46
    QQ Python \"Miss Linney \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SmartFly Vs. PowerBox

Hi,
    I would recommend you use the PowerSystem Sport Plus, $199.95. I am assuming this is a 50cc or 85cc plane. I think we are a better value, but I think you will have to determine if that is the case for you. What questions do you have?
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi,
    I would recommend you use the PowerSystem Sport Plus, $199.95. I am assuming this is a 50cc or 85cc plane. I think we are a better value, but I think you will have to determine if that is the case for you. What questions do you have?
    Hi Robert..My Python is a QQ 100cc (DA100)
    My question is what system would give me the most features for the $ that I would really need. This is my first venture into a high performance 3d type aircraft. Up to now I have been into Giant scale bi-planes like the 30% Waco YMF % and 30% Stearman.
    I'm also concerned with the lower pulse signal output voltage of the Futaba R6014FS receiver with non Futaba servos.

Thanks
    Steve
    Let\'\'s be open minded.... But not so open that your brain falls out
    Waco Brotherhood #46
    QQ Python \"Miss Linney \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Steve,
    OK, then the PowerSystem Competition 12 would probably be the right system. It will boost the servo control voltage to 5V, making it compatible with all servos. I think out system is a better value. For a 100cc plane I definitely recommend some type of power system instead of running off the receiver.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com