Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: EQ10 Set Up

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EQ10 Set Up

Hello Robert. I'm new to Power Expanders and I'm installing my new EQ10. I just want to make sure I have everything connected properly. I am using 2 2300 mah A123 batteries each plugged into its separate battery connection on the unit(Deans plugs). My Rx is a JR 921 2.4ghz. As I understood the instructions I plugged the 3 wire ch1 into ch1 on the Rx and the 3 wire connection ch10 into the Rx ch 9. I did NOT plug anything into the Bat1 and Bat2 bind/data ports located underneath the channel ports on the Rx. I have a failsafe pin switch plugged into it's port on the unit and charge leads plugged into each of their ports. Does it sound like I've got it right?

I assume I can plug my flight log directly into the data port?

I'm still a little confused about charging the batteries...What do I have to differently, or can I charge directly through the charge leads?

I am using Hitec 7955 servos, doubled up on the rons and rud...anything unusual I should look out for when I start matching them up?
    billd3
    \"Indy\" Damnbeenie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EQ10 Set Up

Hi Bill,
    It sounds like you have everything correctly hooked up. You can still use your flight logger. You may want to put a short extension on the data port as its not very accessible when connected to the Eq10. You can charge through the charge leads but you have to remember that if you want to charge both batteries at once your charger(s) has to handle a common ground system correctly. If they cannot then you can damage the charger. You should not have any problems with the 7955s. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EQ10 Set Up

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi Bill,
    It sounds like you have everything correctly hooked up. You can still use your flight logger. You may want to put a short extension on the data port as its not very accessible when connected to the Eq10. You can charge through the charge leads but you have to remember that if you want to charge both batteries at once your charger(s) has to handle a common ground system correctly. If they cannot then you can damage the charger. You should not have any problems with the 7955s. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks!
    billd3
    \"Indy\" Damnbeenie