Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Super confused, dont want to burn something out

Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
supersupt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super confused, dont want to burn something out

i purchased a ignition cutoff(powersystem sport plus)and the powersystem sport plus power unit with a ignition regulator for my DA50 powered plane. I also purchased 3 cermark switches to go along with the settup so i can charge the three batteries as well. Problem is when the ignition cuttoff is hooked up to the board, how do you charge the batteryto the engine, and what do you hook it up to. The instructions are clear with just two batts for the power system,(hook to "B" both sides)AND...how do you set it up to charge thru the combo switch charge jacks( cermark)can this be done? Do i need 3 switches to get this done? When the cuttoff is installed , how does the ignition hook up to the cermark....dont laugh...i'm new to this "power system stuff" and i thought it would be a good idea.Do i need separate charge jacks and switches, or are schematics available for my type of hook up????My wife wants to kill me now......stuff's tad expensive for me....(bet you here that all the time) but i purchased it on your company's rep.And , all seem (for the most part) very satisfied with your products. thank you for your time.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:35 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Super confused, dont want to burn something out

Hi,
The Ignition Cutoff is not suppose to be hooked up to the board. You have to have three (3) batteries, two for the PowerSystem Sport Plus and one for the ignition. The Ignition Cutoff is hooked up as follows:
Ignition Battery -> Ignition Switch (Cermark) -> Ignition Cutoff Rx -> Engine Ignition.
The fiber-optic cable connects the fiber-optic transmitter on the PowerSystem Sport Plus to the Ignition Cutoff Rx on the ignition.
You hook each of your system batteries to a switch (Cermark) and then into the two "B" ports on the PowerSystem Sport Plus.

If this is still confusing maybe it would be best to call us.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
supersupt

Default RE: Super confused, dont want to burn something out

ahh, thanks......it was the mention of charge posts "c" and the "sw" posts that was confusing. think i got it now. If i dont, ill call. Thank you.