Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Split elelvator control

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM
AE4NR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split elelvator control

Plane 50 cc Yak radio Futaba 8aup I am planning on using two Hi tech 5645's on the split elevator will the equalizer 2 be able to take care of this ? I am also going to be using 2 6 v2500 mah nimh's for the receiver with the bat share ? Sound like a good idea ? I am not goingto be doing very much 3d type flyingjustnot very good at that type of flying mostly imac kinda stuff.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Split elelvator control

Hi, Yes, the Equalizer II can handle the servos. 2 2500mAH packs is a bit much unless you need the weight. You should get 7-9 flights on two 1650mAH packs. The BatShare is a good idea though. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
AE4NR

Okay so here is what I put in the Yak 50 cc I used the HD dsm120 servos which will run on 7.2 volts without regulation. All but the throttle servo which is only rated at 6 volts so I used the smart fly sport regulator to keep the voltages down to 6.2 off a 3000 mah lipo. I also used the equalizer 2 for the split elevators it works just great so easy to set up thanks Smart Fly. Now my question is this will the equalizer 2 handle the 7.2 volts if I decide to replace my throttle servo so I cn get full usage out of the 7.2 volts ?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
Yes, the Equalizer II can go up to 8.5V.