Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Power Expander Sport Pluss - Charging

Robert, thanks for all your help. I spoke to you about installing 2 A123 with this system. I want to confirm that I understood what you stated. I will have the A123s plugged directly into the battery positions on the board. I "believe" you told me that since the board has a common ground, I should not charge the batteries through the "C" terminals on the board without removing one or the other batteries. Is this correct?

I think you stated that there was a common ground on the board. Since the batteries came with an extra charge lead, I am assuming that I can't be utilized either? I would also understand that I can't utilize the charge plugs that came with my Failsafe Switch without removing one of the batteries from the board.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks, Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Power Expander Sport Pluss - Charging

Hi Bill,
    This all depends on your charger, most will not handle a common ground system, the Fromeco cube is about the only one I know of at this time.  Using any other charger you need to break the common ground between the batteries by disconnection one battery from the unit.  You can charge
    through the balance charge leads when you break the ground on the power lead.  Be sure to check the JR balance pinout off the battery to be sure it matches your charger (we wire with the signal wire being the center tap).  Let me now if I missed something.  Thanks
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your "refresher". I don't think you missed anything.

I do need to mention one thing. On the two batteries I recieved, one balance plug was wired differently than the other. If a buyer simply plugs em in to his balance port, it might cause problems. I changed em to match what I needed and all is well.

Thanks, Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for letting me know.  I will let Fromeco know about this.  
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com