Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Power Expander Pro Battery Voltage

Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
picard1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Power Expander Pro Battery Voltage

I recently purchased the Power Expander Pro with deans connectors for the battery connection points. After connecting up the batteries I checked the voltage at the servo connections . If I connect an A123 to one side I get 6.68 volts to the servos, but when I connect the same battery to the other side I only get 6.08 volts Is this normal? I thought both terminals would pass thru the full battery voltage to the servos?. Next with my transmitter off I measured 4.98 volts between the servo ground and signal (white lead) wire points. But when I turn on my transmitter the signal wire pin drops to .49 volts.

Thanks

Mike
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
rrritchey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Power Expander Pro Battery Voltage

Hi Mike,
You should get the same reading on either Deans connector. I am not sure why you are not. I am not sure why you are measuring the voltage on the white signal wire, this is an AC signal and you will not read an accurate voltage using a meter. If you want to check the receiver voltage you need to check the red and black wires going to the receiver.

Search this Thread