Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

PowerExpander Sport Plus Ignition Cutoff

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
kruzin55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerExpander Sport Plus Ignition Cutoff

I recently purchased the PowerExpander Sport Plus Ignition Cutoff for use in my new Hanger 9 Carden YAK 54. It has worked well in the first two fligts, but last night at the field the ignition did not energize. Verfied that the output light on the PowerExpander indicated that the signal was passed to the optical cable. Verified that the battery, connectors and Fromeco Badger switch passed voltage to the ignition card. Verified that the red light was working. Found that the input to the card from the switch was intermittent (i.e., when wiggled, the red light would illuminate). How do I go about getting a replacement for the ignition cutoff?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: PowerExpander Sport Plus Ignition Cutoff

Hi Chris,
You can call or e-mail me where to send the replacement.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
kruzin55

I didnt want to share my personal information with everyone, so I sent you my address in an email message However, I did want to share how much I appreciate the immediate response and the replacement. Also, I have three PowerExpanders Plus in my planes and I am very happy with them all. Thanks again.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Consta
My Feedback: (6)

Hi purchased the PowerExpander Sport Plus Ignition Cutoff last 7 month i cant' fine my recive i install in my 300 1/4 scale this week because i not have time to put in my airplane , but is not working the light is off in the ingnition cutoff when in my power expander sport plus the led is on, my wife have triples las dicember 16 2009 and we are very bussy with my new family so i not have too much time fixed my airplane need help
thanks
consta
Old 10-27-2009, 09:17 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
You have to cut BOTH ends of the fiber-optic cable to prepare it. They must look round and shiny when viewed end on. This is usually the problem. You can verify the Cutoff receiver unit is working by shining an incandescent flashlight into the fiber-optic receiver.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Consta

Thanks Robert ,

the Ignition Cutoff receiver was lost because someone stole it. so that means i cant do the test, do you think you have an extra?, new or used i dont really care.If you do im going to need it as soon as possible.i need to economize as much as possible
thanks
consta
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
I will have to look if I have any used units that work. I am sorry someone stole it but I cannot give away new units.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Consta

Im sorry for the misunderstanding, I was wondering if you would sell me one, or two complete with transmitter and reciever cut-off ignition and what the price would be.
thanks
consta
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
This would just be our standard Iginition Cutoff, they are $59.95 each. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Consta

Hi Robert
I want to know if you have an ignition cutoff reciever that is new or used that you could sell to me, and another complete system with a reciever and transmitter please let me know thansk
consta