Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PowerSystem Sport Plus Setup

Ok, I know that I'm likely asking a question that has been answered on this forum at some point - but I want to be sure I've ordered all the right hardware for my setup.

I've chosen to rig my 50cc Cap with a PowerSystem Sport Plus w/Ignition cutoff (ordered today). I am currently running 2 batteries - one for receiver/servos, the other for ignition. I have 2 charge ports on the plane, and 2 power switches. Obviously, I will run 3 batteries with the PowerSystem (adding the one for receiver redundancy). Will I be able to switch and charge both batteries attached to the PowerSystem using a SINGLE switch and charge port? This leaves a mechanical switch and a charge port for the ignition battery. Is this the recommended setup? Please let me know either way.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: PowerSystem Sport Plus Setup

Hi Anthony,
    If you use mechanical switches (like the JR Heavy-duty or Cermark Heavy-duty) you need one switch between each battery and the PowerSystem Sport Plus. If you use our failsafe switch (Pin & Flag or Slider) you only need 1 switch but you need two charge jacks, as both batteries are isolated from each other and must have their own charge jacks. Please let me know if you have more questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com