Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Set up help????

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
94aero
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set up help????

I have a fresh built Carden 30% extra running a 3w 75 side intake. I want to use one of your power expanders and kill switch but not sure of the model needed and how to power the rec system? I will be using a futaba reciever. I'm still using nicads on my other gassers! Its time to go modern.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Set up help????

Hi,
To decide on a unit you need to know the battery chemistry you want to use. General guidelines (assuming 1 servo per surface for this size plane) are:

NiCd/NiMH/A123 PowerExpander Sport Plus
Li-ion/Li-poly/Li-Mn PowerSystem Sport Plus

Let me know what questions you have.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
94aero

I've never has any time with li-polys or any of the light weight batteries. What new equipment would I need for the poly batteries?
Thanks
Ed
Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 PM
rrritchey

Hi Ed,
If you want to use Li-poly then the PowerSystem Sport Plus would have everything you need minus switches. You can use either two heavy-duty switches (Cermark, JR, etc), one for each battery, or one failsafe switch. Other than a charger that handles li-ion/li-poly that would be all.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
94aero

Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 AM
1bruno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running a eq6 with two 2700 lit ion bats and I have a ignition cut off. What I'm doing is changing the ignition bat to a 2700!lit ion from a Nicad bat and I need to use a regulator how should I set up your ignition regulator with my current set up? I don't want to have to buy your regulated ignition system I want to use the stuff I have .
Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
We make an IgnitionReg. It should connect directly to the ignition.

ORIGINAL: 1bruno

I'm running a eq6 with two 2700 lit ion bats and I have a ignition cut off. What I'm doing is changing the ignition bat to a 2700!lit ion from a Nicad bat and I need to use a regulator how should I set up your ignition regulator with my current set up? I don't want to have to buy your regulated ignition system I want to use the stuff I have .