Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

JR922 Powersafe Receiver

Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Super Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR922 Powersafe Receiver

Hi Robert
I have a JR922 Powersafe receiver which, I believe,is very similar to the Spektrum AR9100. The problem is that it is designed to operate at an input voltage from 6v to 10v. The JR agent in the UK recommends that their servos be restricted to 4.8v, otherwise their reliability will suffer. To get over this problem, JR UK recommend the use of a pair 2 cell LiPo batteries via voltage regulators set at 4.8v. They say this will prevent the under load volts falling below about 4v where the receiver stops functioning. Looking at your products, it seems the it would be best for me to use your Smart-Fly Super Reg. I would keep the output at the factory setting of 5.2v (which is actually below a fully charged 4 cell NiMH. Would youagree with this choice?
Max
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: JR922 Powersafe Receiver

Hi,
You do not say what size plane you have but the SuperReg will work for a plane up to about 30lbs with a 100cc motor. Bigger than that you should look at the TurboReg.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Max

Hi Robert

Thanks for the rapid reply. Should've said, the aircaft is a fifth scale Spitfire, weighs 19lbs and has an MVVS 35cc gasser.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 PM
rrritchey

Then the SuperReg would be the best fit. Let me know if you have any other questions.