Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JR922 Powersafe Receiver

Hi Robert
    I have a JR922 Powersafe receiver which, I believe,is very similar to the Spektrum AR9100. The problem is that it is designed to operate at an input voltage from 6v to 10v. The JR agent in the UK recommends that their servos be restricted to 4.8v, otherwise their reliability will suffer. To get over this problem, JR UK recommend the use of a pair 2 cell LiPo batteries via voltage regulators set at 4.8v. They say this will prevent the under load volts falling below about 4v where the receiver stops functioning. Looking at your products, it seems the it would be best for me to use your Smart-Fly Super Reg. I would keep the output at the factory setting of 5.2v (which is actually below a fully charged 4 cell NiMH. Would youagree with this choice?
    Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: JR922 Powersafe Receiver

Hi,
    You do not say what size plane you have but the SuperReg will work for a plane up to about 30lbs with a 100cc motor. Bigger than that you should look at the TurboReg.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Robert

Thanks for the rapid reply. Should've said, the aircaft is a fifth scale Spitfire, weighs 19lbs and has an MVVS 35cc gasser.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Then the SuperReg would be the best fit. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com