Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which unit for all 14 channels on FASST?

Which of your systems will work for the 14 channel Futaba FASST system, and allow use of all 14 channels?

While I don't need all 14 right now, I like to think ahead to the warbirds I have in the works.

This will first be used on an H-9 beast with Hitec HS-M7990TH and 5955 on the rest of the servos. Not sure what I am going to use for the throttle and choke yet, they may be analog.

I plan to run 2 x 2 cell lipos for receiver redundancy, and another 2 cell lipo for the ignition...or is that not needed with your system?

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Which unit for all 14 channels on FASST?

Hi,
    We do not have any units that utilize all 14 channels since two of the channels on the Futaba are digital instead of analog. If you were to need these to drive servos you can make up (or we can) a special extension that has two males on one end. One male would have only the signal (white) and would plug directly into the receiver. The other male would have the power (red/black) and would plug into an unused servo output. This would drive the signal from the receiver but power from the unit. Are you running the Li-polys directly to the servos? If so, use the PowerExpander Competition 12. If you want to regulate the Li-pos to the servos use the PowerSystem Competition 12. We ALWAYS recommend running separate ignition batteries.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks.

Like I said I won't be using all 14 right now, but now I know that your 12 channel unit could be made to work in the future also. I will be needing to regulate the servos since only the rudder servo is an HV and the rest won't like more than 6 volts. So it looks like the powersystem competition 12 will fit my current/future needs.

One more question, does your system handle the routing of the ignition battery also so that everything works via the one pin safety switch (i.e. 3 battery inputs), or is the iginition battery strictly a separate hookup that requires another switch?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    If you use our Ignition Cutoff the single switch can control your ignition also. If you do not use the Cutoff we still recommend using a separate ignition battery and in this case it would need a switch.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thankyou! I will be using the cutoff, I use your cutoffs on all my EI gassers.