RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/smart-fly-quest-engineering-support-forum-328/)
-   -   FRSKY 8CHANNEL SET-UP (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/smart-fly-quest-engineering-support-forum-328/9510834-frsky-8channel-set-up.html)

plck2 02-16-2010 10:01 PM

FRSKY 8CHANNEL SET-UP

I thought i was getting a true 8 channel receiver in the FRSKY V8 RX & TX combo for futaba but I lost a channel to the battery.I'm happy with the performance of the V8 system but it does state that it's a 8 channel receiver.My existing receiver is a 7 channrl FP-R127DF one slot for BATTERY and 7 slots for servos,etc.I configured my servos,gyro,governor and lights for a 8 channel receiver.I have a 9 channel radio with two unused channels.

rrritchey 02-17-2010 10:05 AM

RE: FRSKY 8CHANNEL SET-UP

Hi,
I am sorry you are disappointed but I told you we had not fully evaluated this unit yet and we could not vouch for its features yet. You received a significant discount on this unit but if you want to return it in good working condition that is fine. A lot of receivers have a battery port shared with a servo channel. This is very obvious from the pictures on the FrSky site. I had assumed you had seen all the pictures and read about the unit before wanting to order one. If should have been easy to determine if this unit would suit your requirements from the FrSky site. Please let me know what you decide.

plck2 02-17-2010 05:37 PM

I like the set-up,lightweight,easy to bind and fly,L.E.D light gives notifications of tx to rx status and of course good price.(thanks)I'm keeping it.Not dissappointed at all!

rrritchey 02-17-2010 05:58 PM

Hi,
OK, then I have to ask, why you posted your first post. Since you were helping evaluate you could have e-mailed me directly as you did many times before. To me your post sounded very negative and disappointed. I guess I am a bit confused.

quist 03-04-2010 10:57 PM

Just use a Y harness on one of the channels to plug in the battery. I now have 45 minutes of flight time on the unit I am testing and it works perfect. The failsafe procedure is amazingly simple.

Captain351 03-24-2010 12:02 AM

If you aren't knowledgeable enough to know that all you have to do is use a Y adapter then you shouldn't be posting negative comments about anybody's products.

TexasThermalKing 03-30-2010 03:09 PM

This system looks great to me...I am going to us it on my contest sailplanes for Thermal Duration, and Cross Country tasks. I will have my ACE MicroPro 8000 converted this week, and my Airtronics Vision 8SP next. I own 35 sailplanes...all flying on a variety of 72 mhz radios...the FrSky system will really help me get updated to 2.4 ghz with a decent, reliable system, at a GREAT price. I get to use radio systems I already own and understand from a programing standpoint.
I'll gladly share the in-field performance when I get them up and running. ;)

lunarhemal 07-01-2010 06:09 AM

Dear All,
I have had used FrSky futaba Combo set for almost 6 months now with 5 models including 2 helis, 2 trainers and 1 aerobatic 60 size, i must admit that this system is rock solid and till date i have had no issues, glitches, brown-outs or even had to relink the RXs once done.

I really like FrSky support as well as whenever i have a question, Mr. Chase from the company would be online WITH Video conference along with his team engineers to help me out.

Also the combo comes at a very attractive price tags.

I will soon go for their new telemetry Rx as they are available.

lunarhemal 07-01-2010 06:18 AM

There was one bad point i noticed about the Tx module was the outer dimensions. It was too tight to get into the Futaba 9C module space. So i had to scrap off some plastic to make it fit right.
I hope that FrSky must have done the changes in their mold by now.

:)

rrritchey 07-01-2010 09:45 AM

Hi,
I do believe they have updated the plastics but I have not gotten one of the new Futaba modules yet.

elhepilot 08-22-2010 12:27 PM

I just got the Futaba module for my 9C and it fits fine.

lunarhemal 08-22-2010 11:39 PM

Hi,

So finally FrSky have done their bits. Now time to check for their Telemetry system. Anybody out there have used it, please share.
I believe FrSky Telemetry is a open architecture, like you can add anything of your choice which would talk to RS232 port on the Rx and you get the news on your Radio.
But remember, Hitec Aurora 9 has a specific radio program built into it, which displays a lot of things on the screen itself. While other telemetry system would just give you beeps on the module, so it might be difficult for us to remember that 3 beebs is battery low or the fuel low ????????@!!!!!!!

however, efforts are appreciated.
Future of RC is sure very High Tech !!

I just got my Hitech Aurora 9 radio and i love it !!!
Unfortunately, FrSky Futaba modules does not fit in here. I have to use their Hack module if i want to !!

Hemal

CaptainBlueSky 10-16-2010 01:04 PM

Hi ,

nice blow out sale on some FrSky products, huge discount!

Just wondering if Smart-Fly is going to stop it's distribution?
Why then?
Any problem to expect with these 2.4 GHz devices?

Happy Landings!

rrritchey 10-16-2010 06:36 PM

We are stopping distribution because we cannot compete with HobbyKing. I decided to cut my losses.

CaptainBlueSky 10-17-2010 03:47 AM

Thank you for your fast and honnest answer.
Once again you are proving how seriously you are considering your job !

Congratulations and wish you good success, you can't go wrong as long as you respect your customers like you do!

Happy Landings,
Al