Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Hi Stu,
I did not have a problem with the new set of receivers that arrived today from rcworldwide. They have been both bound and set up in my Model 7- Rio 51, Model 8 - Fighter, and lastly Model 6 - 64F.

Let me see if I can help you.
For each receiver you must assign it a Model # on your transmitter. You have a boat that is currently running on your radio and we will call that Model 1.
-Set your TX to Model 2 and turn your radio OFF.
-Set your RX 2 in your Model boat 2 and connect all your servos onto it and power it up and keep your BINDING TOOL handy.
-RX 2 will continuosly flash its RED LED – leave it ON flashing.
-With the TX on a flat surface, locate the BIND button on your TX and with your LEFT hand HOLD the BIND button down and DO NOT LET GO OF IT.
-With your RIGHT hand, turn your TX ON and grab your RX’s BINDING TOOL.
-With the BINDING TOOL, depress the BIND button (Larger Hole) until the RED flashing LED becomes SOLID RED (1 – 3 seconds).
-Let go of the TX’s BIND button. RX 2 is now bound with Model 2 on your TX.
-Proceed to adjust your servo trim function as you require them to operate,

My FS GT3B is the newer version of the FS GT3 otherwise it is the same basic Gun Transmitter as your Eurgle unit.

Here is a link to my FS GT3B Manual;
http://flysky-cn.com/eShowDownload.asp?id=19

Here is a link to an FS GT3 Manual;
http://flysky-cn.com/eShowDownload.asp?id=14
Old 11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
stubaz

Now that's interesting. Nothing like the way they say to bind them. They reckon put the binding plug in and plug power into the power pins on the receiver then turn on the transmitter whilst holding the bind button in and bingo one bound receiver. I haven't seen that bit about pushing the button. I'll try it right now,

Thanks Viper, I'll be back  Stu
Old 11-20-2010, 01:08 AM
KB9STD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viper...Does this radio actualy require You to use a different model number for each receiver You bind to it?? 2 receivers can't be bound to the same model number? I wasn't aware of any radios with this limit.It makes it very easy for Stu to have different settings in his transmitter,making receivers bound to different model numbers appear to be acting differently.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:13 AM
01VIPER27

Built-in Failsafe set up for Gas / Nitro Burning Fuel models
After youhave adjusted your servo trim function as you require them to operate your boat properly;
-Push your trigger forward as far as you wish and with the binding tool depress the Failsafe Switch (Smaller Hole) until the Solid REDLED starts to flash.
-Remove the binding tool and let go of the TX's trigger.
-Test your rudder and throttle servo accordingly then turn OFF your TX.
-Your Throttle Servo should actuate to close your carb to idle or shut off the engine depending on your carburetor set up (ie; with / without idle stop screw or clutch).

Safety Tip;
You should do this test before every run when youoperate fuelburning model.

Note* You do not use a failsafe on electric models.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 AM
stubaz

Right Problem solved. I officially give up. I'm sorry guys but I have spent so much time on this I'm getting chest pains and my wife is telling me to get rid of all the receivers and transmitters and buy a Spektrum Gun Type. I have just taken a nitro pill. I have now got one Spektrum not working (receiver) and I have gone through nine channels and every receiver I had. Thanks viper for your generous time spent trying to help and all the other gentleman who had a go too but all I was getting was bloody beep, beep ,beep a tune and beep beep, a tune then beep beep beep a tune All different about 4 or five notes. and because that stupid bloody manual is garbage I am worse off now that when I started. I came close to chucking it all in the garbage but my wife stopped me. So now I have one Eurgle transmitter out of 10 working and one Spektrum out of 3 working. How the heck would switching on an Eurgle transmitter completely stuff a Spektrum receiver? I tried every receiver like you said Viper but all I got was those rotten beeps before I could get anywhere near the hole with the prong. The receivers originally came up dead with nothing flashing or making a noise but as soon as I followed your instructions I had lights flashing fast, slow, beeps galore and finally the servo working but the throttle dead. Ithen tried the Spektrum again and no go so I put my last untouched receiver (no I have 3 8 channel ones left) a spektrum in and it bound and worked immediately. I wasn't game to try the one Eurgle which works for fear of it going west as well.  So once again thank you all but I hate to admit defeat, I've had more than enough. All up I would have spent over 48 hours at a guess trying every trick I and you can think of and I should let you guys worry about your own problems and I will try to forget I ever bought them. I have 2 boats running. The rest can wait until my pension lets me get the Spektrum Gun. My wife just poked her head in the door and said very quietly put them away and watch TV.

She's made me a cup of tea, turned the fan up and given me another nitro. Sorry guys, I really am. If you want to talk about anything else I'll be more than happy to join in. But for my Sanity lets leave any talk of transmitters and receivers alone. I will say one more thing. None of this would be happening if R2Hobbies actually had :
A person who could speak English
Someone who knew what they were selling
And a service department that says "Just use it by holding the trigger in" and refuses to answer any other emails.
Maybe a bucket load of Ethics would help also. I didn't tell you about the staff's private accounts I had to pay into, That's another story.

Very Kind Regards  Stu
Old 11-20-2010, 02:12 AM
01VIPER27

ORIGINAL: KB9STD

Viper...Does this radio actualy require You to use a different model number for each receiver You bind to it?? 2 receivers can't be bound to the same model number? I wasn't aware of any radios with this limit.It makes it very easy for Stu to have different settings in his transmitter,making receivers bound to different model numbers appear to be acting differently.

1. Yes;
I have the FS GT3B which is a 10 Model Memory Programmable Transmitter.Right fully so I can use the same transmitter on 10 models that have 10 different servo trim parameters to operate each model safely.These programs are assigned to each model # memory where all the servo trim parameters are stored.So that if want to run my X-Factor Nitro Crawler - Model 1 that I better use Model 1 on my TX because If I use the program for my 64F which is programmed as Model 8 on the transmitter it would mostly likely operate the crawler in a very unsafe manner.
2. Yes;
All radios are set up like this, be it AM, FM, or 2.4 G systems.Receivers are just that – RECEIVERS.The programmed trim settings are not stored on each receiver.A receiver will only receive the signal from the transmitter where all the trims setting you programmed for each model memory are stored.In my case I have 5 land models and 3 watercrafts which has 8 different trim settings.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:32 AM
01VIPER27

Stu,
Let me get this clear, Are you binding a Flysky RX to a Spektrum TX or Eurgle TX to a Spectrum RX? That is a NONO!

Spektrum to Spektrum, Eurgle to Eurgle or Flysky (same unit)

Did you have the binding loop on CH3 when you depress the Bind button on the RX while you had the bind button on the TX held in after powering?If you did, and the lights went from flashing red to solid red then it should be working.

Did you follow the link I gave you? Flysky's Manual has better English.

Would you mind postinga picture of all your radio equipment only on the table?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:37 AM
KB9STD

Thanks viper! I was just asking if the radio prevented You from binding multiple receivers to the same model number.Thinking of Stu's case,If He bound another receiver to the same model number as the working receiver the settings would be the same.If He bound to a different model number,He could have transmitter settings causing the receiver to seem to act strangely.
Seeing that the working receiver came already bound.And all the receivers which He bound aren't working.I think something in the model numbers He bound to is amiss.
Incidently,I have been into RC modeling for a while now.I AM getting older.And once I fly a new model and get it trimmed out,I still adjust the linkages for straight flight(or steering) and return the trims to neutral.I have ONE trim setting for all my models,"NEUTRAL".That Comes from the days when we didn't have multiple model memories to rely on.As long as it's not something strange(like a tailless plane with elevon mixing) I will never know the name is wrong.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:47 AM
KB9STD

Ok,Send the EARGLE transmitter,a couple of the "Stuffed receivers and the speed control from the boat(If You can) to one of us.We'll figure it out,send them back working,AND tell You what is causing your problems.Hell,I'll pay the return shipping.Google KB9STD,it'll give all my info.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:04 AM
stubaz

Ok I have to answer this one. Please I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I realise spektrums can't bind with eurgle receivers or the other way around. What happened was I was going to try what viper advised and I plugged the battery into the boat completely forgetting I put the Spekrum in last nigh so that when I was ready to get to the lake (one day) I would have a boat working. So with battery plugged in I switched the transmitter on to ensure the batteries were OK and then realised I'd left the Spektrum in. I did nothing else than turn the transmitter on. Nothing more. Realising the mistake I switched the transmitter off and was immediately greeted with beep beep etc. I then got the Spektrum transmitter and found the same beep beep when I switched on. So I rebound the receiver to the transmitter and I ended up with the exact problem I was getting with the Eurgle ones so I pulled out my last Spektrum receiver ,bound it and put the boat away working. THE END

The offer of fixing them is really nice of you but I don't think I should saddle you with that much. You've all done what you can here and I couldn't and shouldn't expect more than that. Alo by buying the second transmitter and receivers has left me with just enough to buy my wife a nice Christmas present for putting up with me and allowing me to spend as much as I do on boats. Heck she knows I put money aside to buy here present and she tells me to buy a Spektrum. What would you do? I vote for looking after the person who has to look after me for so long She deserves much more than I have but I know she'll be happy with anything I get for her. Thanks again guys. You really are the best.

Stu.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:35 PM
KB9STD

Let me back away from solving the mystery for a minute and make a suggestion to get your boat running.The guy from R2 Hobbies(or whatever) suggested holding the trigger in while You get the boat ready to run,right.Well,I would like to suggest that You DON"T touch the trigger UNTIL the boat is ready to run.The speed control will be happily beeping away (Telling You that your battery is ok, and that the system is not armed and ready to chop You up).
When the boat is all ready to run,MAYBE even when it is already in the water,Pick up the transmitter and push the trigger away from You.The speed control will play it's short tune and give 2 beeps anouncing it is armed and ready to run.Pull the trigger toward You to GO,Push it away from You to stop.
When You are done and ready to take the boat out of the water(or You need Your hands free for any reason)just turn the transmitter OFF.The motor will stop and the speed control start Beeping a warning(that it has lost signal from the transmitter).

Sorry to hear of your surrender, Stu.
You now have receivers that do and don't work for both radios.You have proven that the system will work with either the SPEKTRUM or EARGLE radios.And that either the SPEKTRUM or EARGLE system can give the "exact same problem".

That exonorates the hardware!....It has to be a problem in the set-up of the radios!

Now, Buying the SPEKTRUM radio won't make the problem go away. You've just proven that your SPEKTRUM receivers can be "Stuffed up" the same as the others.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:47 PM
stubaz

You're a smart fellow KB9 (it would be nice to know your name) That's a darned good idea. In fact it's given me another idea. I found that Channel 3 can be locked in. The switch can be pushed in so that it locks. Why I don't know but when you do everything else stops, no beeps or movement. I was wondering if I did that whilst plugging in and taping the cowling then launching the boat and pushing the switch I get control back. It would mean operating in a back to front way but it's not as if I'm used to using a trigger unit and it would just take a little time to learn it. Holding the trigger in for stop and slowly letting it go for forward. A good way to keep at a reasonable speed, just don't do anything to the trigger just let it go and the boat would run at half speed or by adjusting the trim almost flat out but not quite which is better for the boat because I usually find my other boat starts jumping or getting a bit uncontrollable when flat out. It would certainly stop anyone from asking for a go. A cracker of an idea.In the meantime, if it's OK with you I might put the first transmitter and 5 the rest of the receivers in i's box and see how much they charge to send it to you. If it's not overly expensive my wife said she had a little money put aside to pay for it. Which I'd pay back because it is part of her birthday money I gave her. Because I can't go shopping she likes me to give her the money and she can buy her own clothes because I'm hopeless at picking the right sizes and colours etc. I don't like doing it but she prefers it as she sometimes travels a 400km trip to a major city and she has a great time and comes home with decent clothes. It's hopeless in our small town. I just feel as if I'm just passing my problems onto you. The only thing is it will mean having to use one of your boats or rigging a motor, esc, servo etc. Plus I do things for free all the time but hate getting others to do things for me because I feel useless. Actually I did a repair on a US gentleman's digital cmera some time back. He was selling it on Ebay and described the fault and I sent him an email and told him how to fix the problem but he wasn't technically minded so I offered to do it for him. He sent the camera and within 15 minutes it was like a new one.I sent an email telling him I was returning it on the Monday morning and he said "Keep it, my daughter got married and it was a good excuse to buy a new camera" I actually did him a favor because his wife wouldn't let him buy a new one. I offered to pay for it but he refused so I sent him 3 large memory cards for his new camera. I kept writing to him and suddenly his wife sent an email and said he had passed away and would I like his new camera. I couldn't take it of course but I've never forgotten that man.

Sorry I sidetracked myself. A terrific idea to get it running. You must have put more thinking into this problem than I have. You certainly figured out some good ideas. Please think about taking on the task though. I don't want to think of you having the same medical problems as me. I'm not  a hyperchondriac and hate being ill but this thing really did start affecting me badly. As I said I usually keep going and find the answer but this one has me stumped, plus the drug don't exactly help. Thank you for your idea and with that little modification it'll work like charm. It can't hurt anything because nothing is connected to channel 3. It's only a switch anyway.

It certainly is nice meeting people such as theguys I've met on this forum I hope that one day someone has a problem I've already had and can help them out.

Kind regards  Stu
Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
stubaz

Sorry mate I just noticed you said to push the trigger away from me to stop. Pushing it away is just an extension of go, it just goes a bit faster. Unfortunately the trim won't affect that side of things. The whole trigger action is exactly the same as using a stick transmitter down (or towards me on the trigger) is off and pushing the trigger to the far end of travel is the same as having the stick at the top. One other thing my wife insists on sharing the surrender. She said it was a forced retreat. If I didn't give it up I would have been in the doghouse. :-)

Stu  Henpecked but accepting it.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
01VIPER27

Stu,
KB9STD is right.Do not buy that Spektrum.Spend the money on your wife.
How not to hear that pesky tunes that is driving the household nuts when binding the RX’s onto your TX.
BIND THE RX ON ITS OWN OUT OF THE RADIO BOX.
Step 1
-Keep the binding tool handy and install the binding loop wire on CH3 and power it up.LED will flash continuously.
-With your TX preset on Model #2 and turned OFF.
-Hold the BIND button in on your TX as you power it up.
-Depress the BIND button on your RX with the binding tool and the LED will stop flashing to stay full lit.
-That RX is now bound to Model #2 on your TX and is now designated as RX2.
Step 2
-With everything OFF, install RX2 to Model Boat #2’s radio box but do not power it up.
-With you TX set on Model #2, do nothing else but power it up.
-Power up your Model boat #2’s radio box to hear your radio equipment talk to each other.
-Proceed to test and set all servo trim functions.
If you PM me your address, I will send out my Manual to you.Just send it back to me after you have made your copies.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:33 PM
stubaz

Good morning Viper,

I have the Spektrum manual, it came with the DX5E and if you mean the Eurgle ones I have those but surely they'd be the same as yours. I have the supposedly English version and the combined English/Chinese version with both languages on the same page. A bit of a mess. The English is what I refer to as Chinglish anyway. Why do they do that. Get a Chinese person to translate manuals into English. Most of the time it sounds like a young Chinese Uni student who is in year 1 of English. I realise some Chinese words don't translate well into English and the other way around but in today's world I'm sure the translation could be done better than it is. I often think it was originally written in English, translated to Chinese and back again.

If you have a different version, surely it's on the net. If you can just give me the heading and any serial number I should be able to track it down. If not, thank you very much for the offer.

Stu
Old 11-20-2010, 03:52 PM
01VIPER27

Here it is again,
I have not read the manual from this links but if it is the same as I have on hand it might be better than yours as I know my Manual has better Chinglish.  Eurgle's may not be as good as mine.

Here is a link to my FS GT3B Manual;
http://flysky-cn.com/eShowDownload.asp?id=19

Here is a link to an FS GT3 Manual;
http://flysky-cn.com/eShowDownload.asp?id=14
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

it sounds to me like the ESC needs calibrated... not programmed ... most car/boat esc's need a calibration for them to understand the endpoints of different transmitters...

AKA with a castle creations ESC "car" you turn on the radio .. hold full throttle turn on the boat "esc" wait for a beep sequence to confirm your in setup once thats done hold full reverse wait for some more confirmation beeps and lastly center the trigger itll beep again and be ready to go ....

another thing to try is to run the endpoints of the throttle channel out to max and see if that helps as described on page 17 of the pdf I'm looking at for the original manual you linked too .. both "up and down" should be pushed to 125% or so some of these Chinese transmitters dont have the proper range to run newer speed controls @100% so bumping them up helps

last question... whats the make and model of the boat? we can discern what esc it has and what parameters if any it uses for throttle calibration ect

Best of Luck
Tim
Old 11-20-2010, 07:47 PM
KB9STD

I'd love to see the radio show up in my mailbox.I can't wait to find out what is really going on.

But for now,let's get that boat running.ONE step at a time.

First Try the not arming until the boat is ready,and confirm that it works.(Then,I'll pat myself on the back!)

Then,Try your idea of using the channel 3 switch to stop the beeping. (Hopefuly You can pat Yourself on the back!)

If we are still winning,We can then proceed to reversing the throttle channel.(To make Stop away from You and Full speed pulled in.)
Old 11-20-2010, 08:03 PM
stubaz

G'day Turbo, please excuse me mate I've just finished Packing two 450 size helicopters in the same box and trying to do it on a bed is murder especially when you happen to be in it. I'm wet through from sweat and I've got the air conditioner and a big fan going but the old body ain't used to the work.

Thanks for your tips I'm going to grap a brand new motor, new ESC and 3 servos 9 receivers and two transmitters and a partridge........... woops sorry wrong party. This afternoon after my drug induced sleep (legally in case you were worried) I should be nice and calm and ready to go again. I know the trim and any other setting won't pull neutral back to the center. I've tried that numerous times. The boat is one I was conned into by R2Hobbies. They emailed me a photo and said it had been in storage for 12 months as it was a boat they built up to do a demo video. The artwork was crap but it was removable and it looked like a decent shovelnose. I was given a great price for what I thought it was and I sent the money. When it arrived it turned out to be about 14 inches long and all the parts fitted fell out as soon as they were touched. All they did was dab a bit of glue on it no epoxy to be seen. Anyway it was the ESC in it and I have no idea what it is or what it handles. My bargain turned into the biggest con I've had for a while. So no joy there but at a guess I wouldn't expect any more than 25 - 30 amp with BEC. The only reason I hung onto it was to give the kids a bit of fun teaching them how to drive a boat. I had to fit new hoses and servo. I would have been better off getting something else, anything else. But the ESC isn't the problem because it was swapped for a known good one and the same problem. In fact everything had been swapped and the fault stayed with 9 receivers. But one of them does work perfectly so that threw a spanner in the works..But I've been over all this and heaps more further back about 4 times and there's very little I can add which the other guys haven't already worked on.
All I know is the ESC or something doesn't know where neutral is except on one receiver, the same as the rest and a Spektrum 6 channel driven by a Spektrum 5 channel transmitter. Please don't tell me it won;t work because It does very nicely. The retailer I bought them off refused to sell them to me until I sent an email waiving any chance of a refund if they didn't work. Well they did and believe me they have to be the smoothest servo drivers I've used. No twitching or stutter they even sound smoother and on the lake it worked from one end to the other so the range was excellent. That was my first day of driving my own boat on the lake and the ones I'm trying to put these Gurgle things in (that's the sound they make when they get disposed of) are the ones giving me grief.

Regards and thanks  Stu
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
stubaz

Ello Ello Ello, Kb9,

I was just having a very relaxing time listening to a box set of Roger Miller. I haven't heard some of his songs for 20 years or more. I haven't done this for ages, Just put something in the computer and just laid back and listened and even laughed at his lyrics. I was just in the mood I guess. I've been after this album for years Actually a 3 CD  set or 100 songs.

Back to the real world, but I'll leave him singing while I write this. You're too late mate. I can do that. Have off the furthest away from me and let the trigger go to get to half speed and keep pulling on it for flat out. The exact opposite of what it is now. I just bind the receiver again and just push the trigger away until it plays the tune and beeps and it's set. Hello that's a new one to me "Guv'Ment" Great backing too. Sorry distracted.

So that bits already done mate. I wrote a demand to R2Hobbies. I don't think it's fair to treat any customer the way I have been treated. The gear is faulty and I have a nasty feeling it was done on purpose. It's too coincidental to have so much go wrong. I can believe the first one being at fault but to buy the latest model and it arrives in a beat up piece of polystyrene without the original or any radio box with no manual after I specifically asked for one. The first one came with a Futaba manual. You see it's all coming together. It hit me last night. All these hassles with my orders getting mixed up and pieces missing plus the wrong parts sent and then this shambles. I honestly think it was because I questioned having to pay money into a workers private Paypal account and somehow because of a bug or a mistake with Paypal software I could see his full account for a few seconds and there was a grand total of $24,000.00 sitting in it. This was just after telling me he worked almost all day and night and got little pay. Ever since mentioning it to him things started going bad and due to backpays and insurance payouts I would have spent thousands with them so I wasn't expecting the bad service. But putting 2 and 2 together I'm beginning to wonder if I was purposely sent equipment that had been returned to them as faulty. It would certainly answer the big coincidences and the fact that missing items which were promised never turned up. My orders were taking sometimes more than a week to be put together then another week to be posted and 20 or more days to be delivered. Plus tracking numbers not existing or the parcel sitting at some Chinese airport for 6 weeks and still is as far as I know. You can see why I now buy local. It costs more but is cheaper on freight and a lot quicker to arrive. Plus the seller is a bit to the point but genuine and honest. and has a good feedback compared to the Chinese one. 137 negs a month. I want to make sure people know what's going on. I just didn't want to be tied up in something which could come back on me due to the money being sent via Paypal. OK rant over. I hope you see my point though. Are we chasing our tails. I do know the bind button on the transmitter isn't exactly trustworthy. From new I couldn't get anything to happen until I learnt to push the button down and sideways at the same time to get it to register. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but it sure would explain a lot. Do you agree or am I paranoid? I'll see what the answer is If I get one. Most Hong Kong sellers (not all) know how to supply things when all they see is a tick against the item required but haven't a clue when a simple question is asked. It would pay someone to go live in Hong Kong and act as a translator but Chinese is all Greek to me. But even having someone read the email and send the answer in good English would be a help. God, tell me to shut up, please.

I lay here too long mate with no one to talk boats with. That's why I tend to carry on a bit and have long posts. 8 years of lack of sunshine does funny things they reckon. All my mates sort of went their own way when they found out I was confined to bed. I saw them a few times but they all vanished and not one bothered to just pop in for a cup of coffee and a chat. They were always too busy. It's a nuisance when you have to rely on your wife who has just had a complete knee replacement. She's out in the garden right now when she should be keeping her leg elevated. I'd be up the proverbial creek without her but she shrugs it off and keeps going. See I'm off again. I'll shut up and listen to Roger some more Dang Me.

Cheers mate (I still don't know your name)  Stu
Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 AM
BACKEMF

Either the Hobby King Rx's are a different version than the Eurgle Tx or it is a tx setup problem with model number or Chanel 2 reversing.

The "unknown" esc is most likely a Suppo brand if it has that warning Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep... 10 times, pause 10 more beeps pause repeat...

Suppo esc does not require calibration.

I don't think you are getting the chanel 2 to reverse on the CORRECT MODEL, I had trouble with this at first but, got it now.

Do you have 2 of the same Tx's GT-3 or GT-3B ??

STU, my name is Ray
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 AM
KB9STD

Ok...I take it we have the boat drivable then? I haven't encountered an ESC which will swap the on and off,without reversing the channel in the transmitters menu.But if You've done it and it works,Well enough! I don't understand why You would have to "Bind" the receiver again,though.Or how that would affect the direction,without having made some change before reBinding.?.

On the subject of "Binding" receivers.Are You Binding each receiver to a seperate Model number on the transmitter?

Meaning only the one receiver(Which came with the radio,"Prebound" and works)has been bound to model number1(or whichever it is)??
Old 11-21-2010, 01:12 AM
KB9STD

Ray,Stu is telling me that he can get the esc to arm,with the off position at either end of throttle travel depending upon where he holds the trigger when connecting the battery. He also mentions Binding the receiver again.But if He hasn't changed any programming in the transmitter,I don't see why binding would be needed OR what difference it would make.
I don't have one of these transmitters.Does it somehow require a different model number be used for each receiver that You bind to it.I am not aware of any radio which won't allow You to bind more than one receiver to a certain model number.You can't operate more than one at a time(only one can "Connect to the transmitter at a time).But You can have more than one bound.
Correct me if I am wrong.But I am thinking if he were to Bind a nonworking receiver to the same model number that the ONE working receiver was bound to ,it would probably then work correctly.That would prove that it is a setting in the transmitter at fault.Of course,it may have nothing to do with Binding,and He just needs to switch to the model number He is using when the ONE receiver works.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
stubaz

Sorry guys I just woke up. The happy shot gave me a nap. Sorry I kept you both waiting. Lots of questions but firstly G'day Ray, nice to know your name at last. It feels better using names and not IDs.

No I have one of the GT3's and one GT3B. The receiver which came with the GT3 was the one which worked everything after didn't and I didn't have to bind it. It just worked right out of the box. The other receivers weren't bound so I had to do so. I must admit I bound them all to the same channel because I've never had to bind every receiver to a different channel before. But I did go through the rebinding routine which worked out well because I had 10 receivers and there's 10 slots As you know it didn't make any difference. What they are bound to now is a complete mess. I lost track of what was which with so much swapping going on Actually I was even going to see if the 8 channel AST would bind to them because it's a Gurgle in disguise. If I can get it to work I don't really care if I don't have a trigger to play with.

The one which works was bound to channel 0. But as I said binding them to different channels meant nothing. They continued to play dumb. KB9, I'm certain it doesn't matter which receiver is bound to which channel. If they are all bound to channel 0 then they should all work. There's no magic tie which says to the transmitter I can't work because I don't have my own channel The transmitter doesn't stamp each receiver electronically with a number as far as I know. If all receivers are used seperately without another switched on the transmitter wouldn't know the difference. It should just do a handshake with the receiver thinking it's just the same one as the nine before it. The only thing the channelling does it let you use one for a boat and one for a car or one with anti skid and one without which certainly makes life easier but we were only talking one boat and it has no way of caring which receiver is running the show either so Maybe the channel idea is a furphy.

The one which works doesn't care which channel it works on either. Obviously if I was using a different boat with different servos then using different channels would matter but it wouldn't matter which receiver did the job. If I had 10 boats and programmed 10 receivers with different settings for each boat I should be able to disconnect the receivers, mix them all up and put them back into random boats and as long as the channel matched the boat the receiver wouldn't matter it would just do as the transmitter told it to.

I'll just post this and try the gurgle 8 channel to see if it binds.  Hang on
Old 11-21-2010, 03:01 AM
stubaz

Now that was interesting. It wouldn't bind to the 8 channel but then again it wasn't even bound at power up. Why would that happen. No transmitters on for 3 hours or more and it's lost it's bind. I powered it up and switched the new transmitter on and she bound straight away. I switched off the transmitter and then the receiver. pulled out the binding plug and reconnected the power (Not in the boat, just a remote battery I made especially for binding) and no lights and the I switched on the transmitter and bingo the light came on and stayed on as it should. Now I wonder if I connect it to the boat it works. It's bound to channel 6 by the way. I will now try the big one. Hang On

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.