Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:58 PM
stubaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Can some kind soul help me with a transmitter/receiver problem I'm having.
It's a Eurgle transmitter and 3 Eurgle receivers. I know they are cheapies but being on a lousy pension it was all I could afford. It's the new one with the LCD display on the side.

I installed the receiver which came with the transmitter into a boat and it works extremely well,

I then took the second receiver and put that into another boat but it wasn't bound so I followed instructions on a Utube video and I got it bound OK. I switch the transmitter on and the LED on the receiver lights up and I have complete control of the rudder servo BUT (there's always a butt, sorry, but) the motor just sits there going beep, flick of the prop, beep flick of theprop and so on and so on. If I hold the trigger as if I'm firing I get a lovely little tune. If I then return to neutral it starts the beep/flick routine (about one a second) I then push the trigger as far forward as I can, I then get another nice tune. But when I start to relax on the throttle the motor starts and thge farther I get to neutral the faster the motor becomes. I tried reversing the throttle which obviously just reversed the situation where I had to hold it hard towards me and then the motor would start up as soon as I went towards neutral.

So from what should be flat out it's in neutral and the further I let it go and then push it into the brake section the faster it goes. I have tried all I can think of and the R2Hobbies genius tells me to just hold the trigger hard on when I connect the battery, position it, replace the cowling and tape it down and launch the boat and then slowly let go of the trigger to make the boat go. The rudder is working OK through all this. So I wonder where this genius thinks I grow another hand to prepare the boat whilst holding the darned trigger?

I've tried the manual but I can't quite get this Chinese/English mixture.

Obviously I've got something setup wrongly but I can't figure out what, CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? I'm an old man but I can learn new tricks when told.
Regards Stu
Old 10-30-2010, 12:13 AM
BACKEMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: These new fangled Trigger happy Transmitters

Hi, I own this radio also. I will have to try the throttle as you say, So far I've only tried the steering channel.

Did you reverse the servo throw for throttle or in the case of this radio, channel 2?

I know if you didn't confirm the reverse setting it might not have taken so check that first.

I'll get back to you on the trottle thing....
Old 10-30-2010, 12:14 AM
BACKEMF

What esc do you have???
Old 10-30-2010, 02:16 AM
stubaz

You'll have to forgive me on the type of ESC. I got the boat which was built to do a demo video and it vitually finished the video and landed here. It's not that large, Abouta 30-40 amp and has a bec. The strange thing is it runs great it's the trigger which is back to front. Reversing the motor just does that, reverse the motor. I can get the trigger to reverse if I push it hard forward at switch on, wait for the tune the a beep and I can operate the motor by slowly letting go of the trigger. The reverse of letting it go from the other side. I just can't seem to get a neutral in the centre so just leaving it alone and not touching the trigger makes the motor stop as well. ??? No matter what I do with the throttle the servo for the rudder works great.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:24 AM
stubaz

Sorry, one thing I forgot. when I set it to work either way with the trigger, by switching off and then back on I end up back at the beep and prop flick every second. So it's not keeping it in memory. Plus I've tried all 3 receivers and they all do the same and changing to a 120amp Esc did the same as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 AM
stubaz

The manual, if anyone can decipher Chinglish is here http://www.richies-rc.com.au/catalog.../rcps61208.pdf It loses me on the 4th p-age.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:52 AM
stubaz

Yes Backeme I did try the reverse both by swapping the ESC leads and Going through the menu system But as I said it just reversed the motor with the ESC lead swap and took the off point to the opposite side of the transmitter. It's almost as if the neutral just won't go to the center. Everywhere else but.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Basstronics
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds to me like you need a PiStix:

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=msw-pistix

When I got the new HK 2.4 radio my boat wouldnt work anymore. Would beep and play music but wouldnt run right no matter what I did.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:07 PM
stubaz

I think if one receiver works well in one boat they should work in another boat. I have a feeling it's the ESC that's at fault but then again why won't the same receivers work in the boat in which the original receiver works in? It's a weird problem that's for sure. Plus we have other guys who say theirs work well. Anyway, I'm certainly not going to buy 3 addons to solve a problems which shouldn't be there in the first place especialyy at an extra $50 odd dollars. But thanks for the idea. I think it's the manufacturers problem to fix not mine. At that price I could buy aother transmitter.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 PM
BACKEMF

My radio works fine with a Himodel esc.

When I say reverse the throttle channel, I mean in the settings, Servo Reverse. The throttle must be reversed in order for the esc to work right, not the leads switched, I know that reverses the motor. Changing the throttle channel to reverse only makes the esc run correctly, not in reverse!

Once you know that it is set right (Channel 2 reversed) you may have to setup the throttle on power up by having all power shut down, pull full throttle & hold it there, then connect power to esc, it should either go into a throttle setup mode or programming mode.

If throttle setup follow the Hobbywing 40 amp esc instructions, if it is in programming mode, it's most likely a himodel type esc base.

Download both manuals Himodel GX40amp & Hobbywing 40amp marine esc for refferemce to what noises you will hear.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
BACKEMF

I WILL GET YOU WORKING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...

Ray
Old 10-30-2010, 02:19 PM
BACKEMF

Suppo, Himodel type esc manual...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Hf99630.pdf (62.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM
BACKEMF

Pentium esc by Hobbywing:

NOTE* Top of page 3 is explaining what i am, to reverse the throttle esc if you hear certain beeps on power up.

Just take a bit of time reading. The esc is a base of either one of these esc's most liklye as most China's esc's are based off these designs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jh15357.pdf (195.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 PM
stubaz

OK Ray, thanks mate, I'm just about at the stage of chucking the lot. But I'll download those PDFs and find out what those little tunes mean although how they translate the tune onto paper I don'y know. But there's one way to find find out. Actually I do get a slightly different tune depending on the way I push or pull the trigger when I arm it. Although one thing I haven't tried which slipped my mind is holdthe trigger on when switching on. It's just at 6.30 in the morning I'll be kicked out if I start playing tunes right now. I'll have to wait until the other half starts moving. Or I'll have a bow inserted where it doesn't belong.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:04 PM
stubaz

Well I had a good read Ray and it certainly lets me into a lot of secrets of the little beeps. The one I get at switch on is the continuous single beep but accompanied by a flick of the motor. It's that holding the trigger on which I haven't been doing at switch on to enter the setup mode. I will try that as soon as the morning routine is over. We have a very strict routine in this household due to my problems. First up is tablets then morphine patch is changed then breakfast then a cuppa. After that is done I'm free to either pass out or get on with any thing I need to do. Anything which upsets that routine obviously upsets my wife and I get threats which would be extremely painful to physically impossible. Plus my wife isn't well herself so I walk on eggshells if you know what I mean.

Stu

Old 10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
racer504

Just a thought here, but you might try being sure the ARC throttle settings read 000.025,050,075,100 from top to bottom for the model you are on. Eurgle was notorious for only setting up the first model with standard settings. The rest might be set anywhere. Also check the trim settings.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:35 PM
stubaz

G'day Racer, Thanks for your input but I'm afraid I've already tried that and it still won't put neutral in the center. Honestly this thing is really beating me. I'm pretty well known for my patience when it comes to electronics etc. because I refuse to be beaten by a bunch of components. But I'm afraid I've just about had enough. Local help was virtually "clear off, I don't touch Chinese garbage and I don't want to know" or why not buy an $800.00 transmitter and you wouldn't have these problems. I've already been told that the only guy in town using the gun type tranmitter will tell me to p off because it's Chinese (very racial this town) :-) Basically if they've never heard of it they're not interested. There's no "I don't know but lets see if we can figure it out" Basicall it's come down to playing tunes and how long or short and how many beeps it makes.

I have one boat working on supposedly the same receiver on channel 7. So I copied every piece of info from channel seven's setup from the LCD and copied it into channel one's slot named shovel. I saved it all and everything was identical to the working channel but still I get the beep,flick...beep,flick..beep,flick on startup after rebinding the receiver and switching on
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 PM
BACKEMF

ORIGINAL: racer504

Just a thought here, but you might try being sure the ARC throttle settings read 000.025,050,075,100 from top to bottom for the model you are on. Eurgle was notorious for only setting up the first model with standard settings. The rest might be set anywhere. Also check the trim settings.
ARC? WTH? is this some thing I miss in language? Never heard of such a setting and don't see it on my radio...
Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 PM
BACKEMF

Is this your radio?

This is the one I have and I have no ARC adjustment.

It is also Eurgle if you buy it from R2 Hobbies, just a different sticker.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54624.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1525784  
Old 10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
stubaz

To be honest I think I'll just sell the whole bloody lot. There are two other boaters in town and first off they told me not to buy a petrol boat because 3 on the lake would get us kicked off but 2 was OK. I then bought a Nitro Miss Llumar (Brand New) and was told to get rid of it because nitro's are too noisy. So I'm trying to sell it. In the meantime I bought a brand new Segad fully modded with a 4hp Zenoah and all the goodies and was told I was going to be responsible for getting the two of them kicked off the lake. I was told that if my boat was faster than theirs then they wouldn't put theirs in the lake until mine was pulled out because they refuse to race a boat that was going to beat them every time. Plus if I was on the lake one of them had the right to swamp me and flip me because they were there first. Plus little gems like I want a go of it so I can slam it into the lake wall. Then they asked me to take it to the lake so they could show me how to get it running and they would tune it up. I was jhonest and said I was concerned about taking my boat to any lake with them near it and was told "OH! I was just pulling your leg" How would you feel. I've had that boat for over a month now and it hasn't seen water yet and the Miss Llumar is the same. I can run electrics but I thought a group of guys with the same hobby would get together and help each other out. Now I don't know if it's safe to go anywhere near the lake especially when my electric will run the pants off their worn out Zenoahs anyway. Strange the day I got my Segad the fibreglass was about to be laid for two new hulls.

I was hoping for a bit of friendship and a relaxing pastime. It's more like p off we don't want you on our lake. They even scare the locals away from the hobby by telling them it costs a minimum of $2,500.00 to get into the hobby. The locals run. They refuse to allow a club to be formed because that means there will be piddley electric boats all over their lake. I asked why not tell the public it only costs a few hundred to get into boating and get a club formed and have some sort of order as to who's on the lake and where. But no way, basically it's their lake and tehy were there first and to hell with anyone else.

Whinge over. I'm fuming.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:01 PM
stubaz

No BACKEMF it's the one before that with the LCD on the right hand side. The day after Im boaught mine they started selling those and the seller didn't even tell me. Guess he wanted to get rid of old stock before looking after his customers.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM
racer504

ORIGINAL: BACKEMF

ORIGINAL: racer504

ARC? WTH? is this some thing I miss in language? Never heard of such a setting and don't see it on my radio...
The radio you are showing is the newest model. The model they were selling last year (display on the side,not on top) had ARC settings. By the way, since you have one, how do you like it? I've been thinking of getting one.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:30 PM
stubaz

Arc is similar to curves on your controls You can take it in steps like starting at 000 and the next step 25,50,75.100. That would give you a linear curve. Well it wouldn't be a curve but you can adjust it to be one by changing each step.

I'm not sure of the WTH but the TH is the reaction time for putting your foot down. A slow take off or bang, she's gone.

Stu

Old 10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
stubaz

I just wrote to the supplier R2@Hobbies and told them to send me the latest model with 4 spare receivers. I told them I want it freight free for causing me so much hassle. I think the verdict is the 3 receivers are designed for the new transmitter. I can't believe 3 of them can be faulty and a strange thing that the receiver which belongs to the transmitter (in the same box) is great but the other three aren't.

I must admit that all 4 recievers are identical and anyone with the latest LCD on top type transmitter can they have a look at their receiver and tell me that on the bottom right it starts ch 1 then ch2 then ch 3 (binding) then power then a red led on the top right corner with a reset hole just left of the Red LED. If your's looks like that then the new and old ones look the same and could have been mixed up from the beginning.

Stu
Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 AM
BACKEMF

I buy the GT-2 Recievers from Hobby King. They are about $6 each.

I first tried the Hobby King Rx and it bound up great from the first try.

I haven't tried the original reciever yet but, I will try in the morning.... later that is...

Should be fine.

I think all these Rx's are the same, just different stickers...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13625.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1525867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70629.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1525868  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.