Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

TRAXXAS SPARTAN IN MY HANDS!

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

TRAXXAS SPARTAN IN MY HANDS!

Old 12-22-2010, 05:26 PM
streiter10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXAS SPARTAN IN MY HANDS!

Does the boat feel like it can handle serious power? i'm just wondering cuz its made out of plastic i think
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

decent looking boat but i'm glad i got my Ms. Geico. hardware looks much nicer in my opinion, Those tabs and turn fins seem kinda chintsy to me. Stinger looks like it could change angles on ya unless you really tighten it up, and why is only half the stuff anodized ? Nothing personal, congrats on the boat, just not my cup of tea i don't think
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
JCAustralia

RCKing

Congrats on your boat!!!

Apologies for doubting your post. Sometimes I just like to tease a bit for a laugh....... No malice intended....
Old 12-22-2010, 06:57 PM
1320turbo

I got my Blue Spartan on 12/18 from Shaeffer's Hobby shop. I took it over to RCKING's House and took some side by side pics. I also did a little bit of readin in the owners manual.

The esc is an 80amp unit with a 300amp burst. The reccommneded batteries are (2) 2 cell 5000mah LiPos for better performance and (2) 3cell 5000mah LiPos for all out.
The Boat is built pretty well. I'm sure it is THEbest out of the box ELECTRIC Boat you can buy!!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
1320turbo

Some Pics
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 1320turbo

I got my Blue Spartan on 12/18 from Shaeffer's Hobby shop. I took it over to RCKING's House and took some side by side pics. I also did a little bit of readin in the owners manual.

The esc is an 80amp unit with a 300amp burst. The reccommneded batteries are (2) 2 cell 5000mah LiPos for better performance and (2) 3cell 5000mah LiPos for all out.
The Boat is built pretty well. I'm sure it is THEbest out of the box ELECTRIC Boat you can buy!!!!!
WOW you just lost me, HUGE statement for a 36" plastic boat with a 540xl motor. I have yet to see one or hold one in person and it looks nice for rookies to jump in with something to drive and I like traxxas approach to get rookies into the game, butBest out of the box boat I highly doubt. I can break 50mph out of the box with a UL1 and a prop swap on 4s NOT 6s! UL-1 also has THE BEST RTR motor/esc, that's why they use them in spec class! I would say best out of box rtr i have seen/held/owned to date would be the Miss Geico hands down. The hardware and hull construction is the best from any mass produced rtr to date! Pick up a MG then pick up a Spartan and tell me what feels like well constructed boat. That was your opinion this is just mine. Do enjoy your new boat, and the more people we get involved in rc's as a whole the better! Happy Boating & Happy Holidays!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:30 AM
asupervee72

ORIGINAL: Diesel6401
! I would say best out of box rtr i have seen/held/owned to date would be the Miss Geico hands down. The hardware and hull construction is the best from any mass produced rtr to date! Pick up a MG then pick up a Spartan and tell me what feels like well constructed boat. That was your opinion this is just mine. Do enjoy your new boat, and the more people we get involved in rc's as a whole the better! Happy Boating & Happy Holidays!

i would have to agree with that. But I'm also partial to Miss Geico cause i have one. The way i see it this is Traxxas' first FE boat, Aquacraft and Proboat have quite a few FE boats under their belts and would have to think they have more knowledge on making a quality rc boat model. I also believe that many of us running 5s in the super vee have been close if not past the 50 mph mark so 50 on 6s isn't overly impressive, though this is a larger hull then the SV. For some reason i just don't really like the Spartan, bet MG could take it in a race, especially if it had an esc that could take 6 s
Old 12-23-2010, 06:50 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

ORIGINAL: Diesel6401
! I would say best out of box rtr i have seen/held/owned to date would be the Miss Geico hands down. The hardware and hull construction is the best from any mass produced rtr to date! Pick up a MG then pick up a Spartan and tell me what feels like well constructed boat. That was your opinion this is just mine. Do enjoy your new boat, and the more people we get involved in rc's as a whole the better! Happy Boating & Happy Holidays!

i would have to agree with that. But I'm also partial to Miss Geico cause i have one. The way i see it this is Traxxas' first FE boat, Aquacraft and Proboat have quite a few FE boats under their belts and would have to think they have more knowledge on making a quality rc boat model. I also believe that many of us running 5s in the super vee have been close if not past the 50 mph mark so 50 on 6s isn't overly impressive, though this is a larger hull then the SV. For some reason i just don't really like the Spartan, bet MG could take it in a race, especially if it had an esc that could take 6 s

I am one of those who have run their SV on 5s and seen mid fifties with it
Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

Well getting a 36" hull into the 50s does take more power then getting an SV into the 50's. Since traxxas works with Castle they should have thrown a CC1518 or 1520 in the hull. Then it would be a winner, but the hull would have needed to be FG and the price tag would have jumped even higher. Plus nimh wouldn't have even been an option. To keep the cost down Traxxas did take the right approach for what they wanted, and Ithink they wanted a fun and affordable boat which they may have accomplished. Only time will tell how the hull holds up though.

But add me to the SV 50mph club. 53mph on 4s. Different motor though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JSwz6hiRwc
Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Jeff Wohlt

Welll the man is from the Show-Me state and he showed you.. think you will find these are pretty good running boats. Lets not forget the issues with the MG on the straights...bouncing.

I think these will go well with 4S, bigger prop and CG brought back...bit it is a much longer boat than the MG.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Still struggling with $400 for a plastic boat.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Snowride

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Still struggling with $400 for a plastic boat.
Shop around for specials, got mine for $309 delivered. Unfortunately the specials are on and off and vary in location. Best bet now is tower at $329 delivered.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
asupervee72

my bouncing was minimal and easy to fix
Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
RGrew176

OK, don' t tease us. How?
Old 12-24-2010, 04:37 PM
asupervee72

5s + move the bats till the hang off the back of the tray like an inch or so and i run an external rx pack by the esc. I was under propped in the vid and now that i watch it again it looks like there is a little bounce so i guess i lied, I may try that rudder mod, the one where you move it to the right. It wasn't really bad enough for me to care and i'm pretty sure you can tune it out.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

I wana see this sucker run!