Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

20" NQD Catamaran Brushless Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

20" NQD Catamaran Brushless Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
damfurst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" NQD Catamaran Brushless Conversion

Recently upgraded motors to Mystery 3000kv outrunners and 35A Seaking esc's. On 2S lipo is fair. Need to get 3s lipos now.[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeeaq_Pm9o[/link]
Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
lapistola28

Default RE: 20

Sweet ...... I like to take toy grade boats and make them "crazy" ..... would like to see it again with those 3s lipo's
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
sundogz

ORIGINAL: lapistola28

Sweet ...... I like to take toy grade boats and make them ''crazy''
Me too! Even cheap plastic boats are made of durable (enough) plastic nowadays (ABS). It's always a thrill to see a cheapy get pushed past its' design envelope. Yeeee Hawww![X(]
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
damfurst

Here's a couple of Vids of my brushless catamaran running on both 2s and 3s lipos. I'm not sure it's alot faster on 3s. Kind of hard to tell on the creek. But it was a lot of fun. The second vid is just slow mo of the wave jumping it was doing. Hope you enjoy both.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8E9e3PqCyI[/link]
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RfHubxTSw[/link]
Old 01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
sundogz

Well that's a big difference there! It's flying compared to the last configuration. Well done. I may have asked you this before, but that creek is no place for an unresponsive boat - what do you do if things stop working? I'm guessing you have a plan B.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 PM
damfurst

ORIGINAL: sundogz

Well that's a big difference there! It's flying compared to the last configuration. Well done. I may have asked you this before, but that creek is no place for an unresponsive boat - what do you do if things stop working? I'm guessing you have a plan B.
I swim baby swim, lol. No not really. Like in the first vid of the last 2 I posted I grabbed the over turned cat with my fish net on a 10ft extenable handle. This allows me catch it off of a footbridge that's less than 40 yards from where I'm usually running at. I've had it go farther down the creek however before and had follow along the footpaths as the boat meanders along the creek. I usually know where it will go and can end up, so sometimes I have to swamp out to where I can access the creek bank. It keeps the blood pumping thats for sure.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 AM
sundogz

ORIGINAL: damfurst
sometimes I have to swamp out to where I can access the creek bank. It keeps the blood pumping thats for sure.
I recon' so! I have been in similar situations where you're happy that it's a river/creek, and not - at the same time. I guess the occasional workout is good for the cardiovascular system. Just be careful there, Wes. But then we don't want to take ALL the fun out of it, do we!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
damfurst

ORIGINAL: sundogz

[ But then we don't want to take ALL the fun out of it, do we!
No we don't want to take all the fun out it and this boat is defintly fun now. I think even on the pond is will run much smoother than it has in past. I'll also have to try some different props. Am running 32mm on it right now both turning the same direction. Prop roll isn't too bad though. You can see it the most when it's jumping a wave and is kind of at an angle. Also it helped alot to stiffen up the hull with flotation foam in the front 1/3 of it. I just love that stuff.