Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

help with unique limited project

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

help with unique limited project

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
shannon87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with unique limited project

Hi all first off id like to thankyou for bein patient for all my noob posts lol

i wouldlike things to be different and after consulting with darin jordan and using his geico cat for a unique project it turns out he had the exact idea and also mentioning a club member that he know has a similar boat just with twice the power.

The idea which was initially shot down by my very traditional club members who most dont really like much to be changed even aesthetics if there a bit wild lol but some have given support.

The idea was to power a geico hull using a proboat outboard which he said he wants to try the same thing and doesnt know why it wouldnt work with the correct set up and balance which i would get done professionally.

And i was also thinking of optimising the interior to kinda like what the aquacraft motley crue cator even using that itselfis like as its clean and fuctional and maybe using a separate pick up for the esc or re routing so the pick up goes to the esc then the motor as the esc then would get water through it at low speeds as its getting forced through.

And it wouldnt break the bank as id be using all the stock electronics just relocating them an optemising them to suit the outboard at most id need done is the outboard set up and a bit of custom work.

Im hoping to start in the next 2 months or so when work picks up that way id be able to test and muck around with the boat while im waiting for parts i have been consedering the bby scat cat 32 or 33 and the aeromarine mean machine as the have agood transom design that looks like it can handle an outboard but the difference is with the rtrs i can use while im waitin for parts and save on buying parts.

As id use the stock electronics but id change the connectors to 6.5mm bullets as i have heaps of them lyin aoundand the advantage with the motley is it already has an offset rudder which seems to affect the handling and it has a higer kv motor but the geico is proven and has a wider beam more suited to an outboard.

But i know some of you think im nuts but i want to know i at least tried to get the boat i want done and unique to my style and use so if anyone can help me put somethin like this together or know of someone who could that will be great

Thanks again for anyhelp and thoughts