Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"

Old 05-08-2011, 07:14 PM
drypipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"

I'm looking for a small catamaran electric boat for this summer. I have read all the specs on the Aquacraft "Motley Crew" and ProBoat's "Miss Geico". I'm not too sure on which boat to purchase!

Can anyone give me some information as to which boat would be the best choice in terms of quality and performance?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Aquacraft's

Pick the one that best suits your eyes
you will be happy with either one
but for racing I'm getting the MC
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
MaximuM*AltitudE

I don't like the graphics much on the MC, but the MG is brite azz yellow so I'd go with the MC.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
srt10

the pictures on tower don't do the MC justice.. [:-]
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
MaximuM*AltitudE

ORIGINAL: srt10

the pictures on tower don't do the MC justice.. [:-]
This is true, I need to see one in person.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:17 PM
drypipe

The MC boat does have crappy graphics and Geico is a scam insurance company from my past experience with them. I'm realling looking for quality and performance differences from each boat. I know the Motley Crew boat has not yet been released to the market ,so I'm just wondering if anyone has had a heads up on what these boats are like in terms of quality and performance?

I can always repaint either boat to alleviate the eye sore graphics flaw by the manufacturers. [:@]
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 AM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

Been running my Motley Crew for about a month now.....its a blast. I wrote up some comparision notes on the MC and the MG on Offshore Electrics.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 AM
srt10

and I believe the MC will take the MG out of the box
here is Mike talking about the MC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRj2lT4gEM
Old 05-10-2011, 06:31 AM
MaximuM*AltitudE

You know, after watching that video I don't think the graphics are that bad at all. I'd go for the MC.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: MaximuM*AltitudE

You know, after watching that video I don't think the graphics are that bad at all. I'd go for the MC.
I agree, they look kinda nice!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
streiter10

i think that until people actually have the MC we wont really know just how good it is...but im geting it just cuz they dock the real boat near my house in the off season lol
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
srt10

bro there is news out there about this MC boat in race action and it does awesome!
sounds like its better in race water than the MG
Old 05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
streiter10

i think that(based on the videos ive seen) the MC is more stable at speed than the MG
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 PM
srt10

that's what I'm thinking...
Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
streiter10

MG Length: 30 in (762mm)
Beam: 11 in (279mm
MC Overall Length: 31.75 in (808 mm)
Beam: 10.4 in (264 mm)
which is odd cuz the MG is wider....and usually wider cats handle a little better
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: streiter10

MG Length: 30 in (762mm)
Beam: 11 in (279mm
MC Overall Length: 31.75 in (808 mm)
Beam: 10.4 in (264 mm)
which is odd cuz the MG is wider....and usually wider cats handle a little better
wider does not always mean better
its the way the tunnel is built that makes them handle better or not
but the ride pad (width) on the two is possibly the same
Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
res3567

From the song.......phraphrasing...."She's the one you call Dr. Feelgood.....She's the one that makes you feel alright"......
Old 05-12-2011, 06:12 AM
BLAZE WON
My Feedback: (2)

i would like to see some pics of the bottom of this boat. are the ride pads smooth as they should be or are they rippled like the mg? doby you have the boat what are the ride pads like?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

I had my MC and my friends MG upside down on the table and both boats had very flat pads....the only difference would be the ride pad edges on the MC seemed to be sharper than the MG. Pics won't show the differences though.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
BLAZE WON
My Feedback: (2)

doby, ive seen at least 8 mgs including the 2 that i own. not one that i looked at has flat ride pads. they all had ripples or hooks . its no big deal to fix. 4to5 hours and the job is done. i am very interested in getting a mc but i dont think i would want to go through the work of doing glass work to an issue that should be handled by the manufacturer. i know that as soon as my lhs gets these boats the first thing i will do is look at the ride pads. if they aint straight i aint buying it.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
drypipe

As soon as someone sees or drives both boats, please let me know which one is the best in terms of:

1. Performance

2. Durability

AND

3. Electronics.

I need to know before I spend my limited supply of Ca$h.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: drypipe

As soon as someone sees or drives both boats, please let me know which one is the best in terms of:

1. Performance

2. Durability

AND

3. Electronics.

I need to know before I spend my limited supply of Ca$h.
either one will fit that bill
I think the MC will edge out on performance and durability though [:-]
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 AM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same prop the MC will be faster out of the box because it has a hotter motor. My MG stays on the water just fine in chop as long as you set up for chop and not glass, the same goes for all boats.

As for the hooks in the MG, this is something that could happen to any batch of boats, mold gets a little out of wack or whatever, I've seen a Geico that was pretty true out of the box.

I think the MC looks better in race water because the people driving it in that water know what they are doing and have the boat set up for it, where there is a lot more MG footage on the net and some are set up to run extremely loose, hence the blow overs and crashes.

The MC does have a better canopy, 1 it is fiberglass, 2 it is square so super easy to tape.

I love my MG so I don't care to talk down on it.

I think too many people in RC's expect a race machine right out of the box, simple truth is, from cars to boats all the models need to be set up to suit the driver, the track, conditions, and the model itself.

I'd probably go with the MC just because it is newer to the market and not many (anyone outside of brian bauss, doby and a few others) people have it.

You will be happy with either boat, unless you're a self pretentious ******* who complains about everything, in that case nothing will please you so better to give up now.

As for looks, it think both boats look bit**** with the stock graphics scheme. They are both scale models of champion boats, how do you go wrong there? Colors would be nice but you can't sell a blue Miss Geico, that wouldn't make any sense.

and there is my .02 on the matter.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:15 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

I think too many people in RC's expect a race machine right out of the box, simple truth is, from cars to boats all the models need to be set up to suit the driver, the track, conditions, and the model itself.

I'd probably go with the MC just because it is newer to the market and not many (anyone outside of brian bauss, doby and a few others) people have it.

You will be happy with either boat, unless you're a self pretentious ******* who complains about everything, in that case nothing will please you so better to give up now.

As for looks, it think both boats look bit**** with the stock graphics scheme. They are both scale models of champion boats, how do you go wrong there? Colors would be nice but you can't sell a blue Miss Geico, that wouldn't make any sense.

very well said
to many expect to much right out of the box, it's like not many understand the sport of these
they all need to be set up some, and either one will be fun out of the box...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:17 AM
ScottRPriester

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

very well said
to many expect to much right out of the box, it's like not many understand the sport of these
they all need to be set up some, and either one will be fun out of the box...
I'm interested in both of these boats. I'm not expecting to much out of the box, I'd simply like to know if one is more reliable than the other, if one is more powerful than the other out of the box, if one company is more reliable than the other, etc. I've read reviews from major publications and they seem pretty even, would just like some real time owners and their reviews.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.