Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

ProBoat Impulse 31 BL

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

ProBoat Impulse 31 BL

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 AM
SFC K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProBoat Impulse 31 BL

I am getting the ProBoat Impulse 31 and was noticing that they have a dual rudder option for this boat. My question is what are the advantages to this verses the single offset rudder? Would this increase steering or just slow it down?

I’m new to the boat scene so please bare with me.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Dirt_hawg

Default RE: ProBoat Impulse 31 BL

What are you gonna be doing with the boat? Racing or just sport running? Its off set because of the prop wash..You dont really want the rudder directly behind the prop..This is why the rudder is offset to the right. It keeps it out of the wash..It will turn right way better than to the left..With the dual rudder you will turn just as good one way as you will the other way..However with the dual rudder, you will not have the same top speed because of the extra drag the extra rudder will cause. If looks is the only reason you want one, I say its a waste of money..The only gain you will get is just as much turn in one direction as the other.. In my opinion I would spend the money on something to make it more efficient, like a balanced and sharpened prop or a better ESC..
Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
SFC K

Thanks for the insight. I kind of figured that it would slow it down. I was already considering a new prop for it. I read somewhere on here that a 45mm prop is a good upgrade for this boat. I was going to get the Carbon fiber Graupner but I am not sure which pitch is best as there are different ones.

I don’t plan to race this but more so just to have fun with it. There are some clubs in my local area that I might join later on once I get some time behind the wheel of a boat.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: SFC K

Thanks for the insight. I kind of figured that it would slow it down. I was already considering a new prop for it. I read somewhere on here that a 45mm prop is a good upgrade for this boat. I was going to get the Carbon fiber Graupner but I am not sure which pitch is best as there are different ones.

I don’t plan to race this but more so just to have fun with it. There are some clubs in my local area that I might join later on once I get some time behind the wheel of a boat.
yes, the 45mm prop is a great start on this cool mono!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:38 AM
SFC K

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: SFC K

yes, the 45mm prop is a great start on this cool mono!

Do you have one?