Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Adding caps to esc???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Adding caps to esc???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 AM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding caps to esc???

Although you can have single disconnect at any setup, having a single line ckt gives you an assurance that when Rx has no power your controller has no power also.

On your ESC's BEC, you can just disconnect the red (+) wire so you still have your common wire. Since you supplied the same battery for your MOSFET, you can also make single power that feed Vcc and its output drive/switch. LM7805 is a perfect regulator for logic ckt that require less than 5 watts. BTW, you have to check LM7805 input voltage requirements because I haven't try that to use on 6V, usually I used it on 2 or 3 cell Lipo. If the max voltage of Vcc is 5.5V you can't used it directly to 6V that's why it's correct way to use regulator. You can also check the mA requirements of Vcc in order for you to simplify your installations. Your Vcc can get power from its main by connecting either diode or resistor and provide single power supply. If you used resistor and the current fluctuates too much then you need to protect your controller. But I guess it's only between ON and OFF condition of the output with very small variation. But for any reason you want, you can connect 5V zener diode parallel to your Vcc and the resistor will compensate for the voltage drop when current fluctuates so you have constant 5V to your Vcc. However, I think diode or resistor will be just enough because your Vcc can work in wide range below 5V.