Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Large Scale Electric Boat RTR or ARTR?

Hey guys I recently picked up a traxxas Villan EX.Not a bad boat however I was thinking about going to something bigger,with a brushless motor without spending crazy money.I know that chances of finding such a deal are slim just wondering if you guys have any recommendations??I'd like something between 36 and 47 inches but has to be electric.I have seen a couple of kits that fit my criteria but most of the kits come from china and well everyone knows that the quality isnt that great and the actual specs are skewwwed compared to what the actual run time is the speed.So if anyone can recommend anything That would be great.I was looking at deep vees or cats.Any help would be greatful.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Large Scale Electric Boat RTR or ARTR?

I forget but I think the Miss Geico is 34 inches, I don't think this would be a big problem, the boat is plenty quick and fun.
    The only problem is that the batteries are not included, so if you don't have them to begin with, you are going to end up paying more.
    The miss geico runs for around 340 to 360$$. Not 100% sure.
    There generally aren't too many of these large scale rtr or artr boats, usually the bigger ones are home builds.
    The upper end of your range, 47", that is really big, I wouldn't count on getting one of that size rtr let alone artr. possible if you see someone on ebay or something selling their old boat, but rare and expensive.
    There are plenty of boats just below your length range. the MG as stated before. Motley crue,
    Hey did you want monos or cats?
    Clock.
    If it isn\'\'t capable of turning itself into shrapnel, it needs more power!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Leaning towards cats.I was never a big fan of monos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what's your budget?
    the bigger they are the more they cost...
    bigger motor, bigger esc, bigger lipos, etc...
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Proboat Miss Geico isaround 29" not including the hardware, hince the name Proboat Miss Geico 29. On the specs they round up to 30, but if you actually measure tip to transom not including rudder standoff and it's tad over 29". Boats aren't measued including hardware, only Venom does that because they try to make the boats seem larger then they actually are.

I know your mentioned not a fan of Mono's, but I do have a 41" TFL mono for sale. She's BIG, a have a pic next to a aquacraft Motley Crew which is the same size of a MG and she's much bigger. Gotta find that pic http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...quot-mono-artr
    Fast Electric Addict! I like to go fast!