Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Miss geico Water issue.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Miss geico Water issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Miss geico Water issue.

So I was having some issue with the MG last summer with water comming up into the boat.

Have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ONVwNFm_o

This was towards aug last year, and I had been trying to figure it out. I lubed the shaft, and after just a few min of running it would be all over the inside, and the shaft would be wet,and free of grease. So I just cleaned it out and the boat hit the shelf.

While prepping a mystic for a friend I found some different sleev's in his parts bag , and I got to ask if I have it right in the pic. ?

Do the teflon bearing just cover the back ? Ore am I supossed to have a 'part B' for the front part of the shaft ( where the kintec bushing covers the shaft) I have the Kintec Shaft + bushing wich is a tad longer , Not sure if the shaft is worn , so I will try to replace it with the new one I have. Any other idea on what to do and look for ?

thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56265.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1776599  
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
MadDogDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss geico Water issue.

Are you sure the water is coming in from around the flex shaft? My Revolt-30 took on a bunch of water the other day and it turned out one of the O-rings for the water jactket around the motor was bad. Water was not circulating past the motor cooling jacket but just dumping into the hull. A new O-ring fixed my problem.

MadDog
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
sollie

Took a syringe to clean out the water line, and also look for any leak, , the sleve for the leopard looks ok to, but you knever know.Can't remember how/if the motor sleve was wet, if it looked like it had sprayd from one of the water jackets.

But have I understood the placement of the sleve right ? , is no more support further in the flex part( the one covered by the kintec sleve) needed ?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
MadDogDan

Simple to check. Pull the cooling line from the top of the rudder nipple, insert a spray nozzle hose from a can of WD40 in the end of the cooling line, spray WD40 until it circulates completely and comes out the exit line. If the water jacket has a leak you will see WD40 dump into the hullright away.

Dan
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
huck1199

Are you using waterprof grease?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
sollie

yeah sure , PB and AC , have them both, but it seems like they just wear off pritty fast, started suddenly to, and since the flex is lube free after just a few min of running it has to be something wrong with the parts in the back. (Fresh water)
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
sollie

From last night. A few passes with the geico, and the water was in the hull. Nice spray pattern in the 'tupeware lid' from where the flexs enter the motor coupler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1dJ2...1&feature=plcp

Here is the flex after a few minut's run.

Name:	Ca82200.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1777878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86403.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1777879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81446.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1777880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93367.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1777881  
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 AM
sollie

Did another run last night.

New sleev's , added shrink tube arround the strutt/stuffing, good amount of grease.But after one run ( 4 min) I noticed a small spray on the tupeware lid, and after the seconf run it was a bucket of water inside and a good spray on the lid.
The flex is clean from greas, like if I took it out and wiped it.Not sure where it all goes , coz the amount of grease spray inside is not the same as I put on the flex.

Filled the bathtube and tested to see if it leaked anywhere, after a couple of houers in the tub( I weighted it down so it satt low in the water ) it was nothing inside , dry, so it has to come up at the nylon washer, eveen though I have it almost rubbing the strutt. Maybe the flex is worn, and needs to be replaced and the plastic tube to. If that does not help I'm lost.

Name:	Da83333.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1780074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86894.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1780075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98500.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.6 KB