Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

How would YOU do 8s?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

How would YOU do 8s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM
tc4 drft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would YOU do 8s?

If you plan to run 8s, are you gonna run 4 2s packs, or 2 4s packs? Its going in a big boat, so room inside isnt a problem. Other than added weight with 4 packs, is there much of a drawback? Whats your preference?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How would YOU do 8s?

Personally in a big boat id go with four 4s packs,two 4s per motor.I supose it depends on what you call large?.One of my friends runs my 58 Apache on 6 s per motor (himodel pro 910 kv) and hes in the 50s for about 7 mins runtime on 4000 mah 30 c packs,i would prefer 40 c +,hes yet to go to 2 packs per motor but i think that would make it even faster and longer runtimes.Hes def not pushed his setup yet either,the motors are more than capable of 9s might need to upgrade the escs though as hes only using the cheap hobbyking 200 amp ones but so far so good on 6s,his lipos are the wekest link so to speak as they do puff up quite a bit but i think going to 40 c or more would solve that.Hes been running this setup for over a year now.
My next project for myself will be an Apache twin with 5694 1000kv inrunners on 6s two packs per motor,moving upto 8-10 s later maybe.But i think on 6 s 2pack ill be touching mid to high 50s maybe even 60.Hull will be full carbon vaccum formed in epoxy once we get them into production,should be nice and light.
Mart