Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Turnigy cobra

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Turnigy cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 AM
VP BT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy cobra

Hi all, was after your thoughts on which set up I should go for my 385mm turnigy cobra. I have just ordered a bare hull and looking for a small project to do in my spare time. I'm tossing up on either a NQD jet system which I take it I'll have to cut and shut the hull to create a flat surface. Or a standard prop setup running a 2040 4800Kv brushless motor on 3s with seaking 35a esc. I had that set up on my first boat (twin hull) which was stupid quick until my brother smashed it and then the motor seized due to lack of care and maintence. It will by used to rescue my other boat when needed and also when the pond is too small to run the other boats. I'm fairly new to boats and completely new to boat building, so any helps is appreciated.

Cheers
Michael
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
sundogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turnigy cobra

Go with the jet drive, it's a lot more fun! The NQD drive should be plenty of power for that boat, easy to install, and at around $20 on ebay it's a lot cheaper than a flex cable/stuffing tube/coupling/strut and prop.