Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Brushless Balaenoptera Musculus

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Brushless Balaenoptera Musculus

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
seehuusen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Balaenoptera Musculus

no info on the WD-40? I guess I'll continue to use it's super properties

HAHAHA, on another note, you know how you take a boat out to the pond, it flips, something happens, and it's sitting there mocking you, and as a result, us R/C boaters should be prepared to go for a swim... HAHAHA, I did that yesterday, I hit a wave at full speed, the boat did a 360, and the battery got whipped out = NO power LOL

As a result, both of my jetboats are being built up to double as rescue boats
I'm still getting some water in the boat, it must be a broken o-ring on the motor sleeve... Damn, coz that thing isn't going to be easy to get to either...
I'm getting about a cup (250ml) of water to a 4000mah battery, or 10-15 mins of run time... I really need to confirm that runtime...
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
enelson4
My Feedback: (1)

I use WD40 or Corrosion X for all dunkings. With both I reaslly saturate alll electronics. I use several air receivers (not waterproof) and stick the little red pipe into esc and spray until it comes out the other end. Similar with rcvrs. Haven't lost one yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Goldenduff

Would love to see a video of you boat at full chop!...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Motor sleeve or is it the cooling jacket O ring. I've done the 360 and landed right side up and kept on trucking and i just laughed. I thought, only in the movies as it was a perfect roll and not missing a lick. BTW- fishing pole time! I put hooks on my boatishing lines, not fishing hooks! I put the hooks close to CG line in case boat starts taking on water and f/pole is in car and i have to run to get it. Now about that time, the bow is all showing and fishing can grasp the hook with ease. BTW i see the weather from videos is raising cane there. I've been helping a gentleman from Puerto Rico with a wooden mono on setup and he's having a blast and is hooked on rc boats. Later! Now on corrosion-x, try and keep X off the led wires as time tends to make wires brittle thru experience.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
seehuusen

ORIGINAL: Goldenduff
Would love to see a video of you boat at full chop!...
It's been super wet over here, hence I can't take my video camera out... However, today the sun is BEAMING down, it's wonderful outside, but I'm at work Typical LOL
I will get a video in the next couple of days for ya promise

ORIGINAL: Mikeup
Motor sleeve or is it the cooling jacket O ring.
Yep, it's the o-ring, I guess I just couldn't explain it right

BTW i see the weather from videos is raising cane there.
The weather has been crazy! If you see reports on massive amounts of foam coming over the street from the beach on the news... That's EXACTLY where I live LOL
Further down the beach, they had been blasted with sand, which had been carried across streets!! And this was only Cyclone rated 1...
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
seehuusen

I'm getting good at swimming... I wish I didn't have to jump into murky flood water though LOL

Getting some more silicone today, I found that bloody leak!!! Well one of, perhaps there are more, time will tell... The leak was at the screw hole for the rudder, it seems it has moved around a little with all the force on the rudder at full pelt... Because I painted the inside of my hull black with white dots, it was really hard to tell in the bathtub, but sitting there in murky water, the sun hit the transom perfectly, to reveal a little bead of water trickling down... YES I FOUND YOU!!
I'll also put the camera mount back on my remote control, so I can take some video
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM

Nothing important.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM
seehuusen

When i came back from Korea on a troop ship. We were behind a typhoon ( spelling ) and we tossed like yo-yos and guys broke arms and other limbs. You would swore the ship was going to turn over for sure. I used to barber and they found out and they put me in nurses station to be safe. Well the higher you are in a boat, the more you sway and i was put in bathtub and strapped there for a couple of days. Bathroom duties ( mine ) won't comment. The captain said he didn't want his barber hurt. He tipped well and wasn't supposed to get tips as per VIPS. I didn't *****. Reason ship didn't wait till storm was over; shipping company was under contract, hell or highwater! The ships had big vats for making food and you could hear the covers slam shut every so often as the sounds went up thru medical like a sounding board. Good ole days!! Cyclones used to hit us in Korea and stay wet for a few weeks and our pay was flown in but not during these storms. When you mentioned cyclones, i remember the sstorms like yesterday!
LOL, they are pretty crazy alright!! Being on a ship would be the last thing I'd want. We've got 6 foot swell at the moment... My missus' parents live further north, near Mackay. They have had category 4 Cyclones... THAT'S CRAZY!! Whole houses take off like gliders on a calm summer day...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
enelson4

I'd be more sympathetic, but we are currently camped in Kentucky on our way to Alabama to find some warm weather. Forecast for tom morrow night at home is 19 degrees f. Here foot tomorrow its 17 degrees with a forecast for tornadoes tonight. A tornado in a 22 foot motor home doesn't s.lund like fun.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
seehuusen

freezing degrees and a tornado... you keep that stuff over there LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM
seehuusen

hope you faired well overnight
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 AM
seehuusen

got some silicone to sort out the leak at the rudder. When pulling it apart, I noticed the screws were a bit loose... After 2 days, the silicone still hasn't cured [:-]
anywho, I'm going to take it out tomorrow, hoping to get the video of the boat on 4S at the same time
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM
seehuusen

you're not forgotten goldenstuff, I've just had a car accident this week, and my time has been spent sorting that out...
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM

HOPE ALL IS WELL.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM
seehuusen

Thanks Mike, there was proper damage, but only to cars, no one was injured
Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 AM
enelson4

I've always said that sheet metal can be replaced, but not lives. Glad all are OK.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
seehuusen

Hey fellas,

OK, the rain has FINALLY stopped, for a day or two at least, so this afternoon, I've put the boat back together, with a balloon around a new Rx, my problems with moisture should be gone...
Yeap, I still can't get the boat to seal properly... I don't know where it is coming from, and yeap, it's driving me insane...

Today I'll take it out on the pond, I'll only run it on 3S, because I was silly and left both my 4S batteries at home, and not in my lipo bag [:@]
I haven't forgotten about that video on 4S mate I'll be able to take the boat out again on the weekend, so I'll attempt to do some video then weather permitting (apparently there is a new cyclone on the way down the coast...)

Cheers
Martin
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
enelson4

Mine leaked like a sieve. Problem is the shafts are almost impossible to grease as stock. This season it will be getting a new pair of brush less out runners with new mounts and easy to grease shafts. I also found that it requires really thorough taping of the hatch. Bottom line is I shrill think its the best cheap hull out there and well deserves the upgrade, and I like the idea of the twin motors, but with rudder steering, differential prop steering sucks.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:01 AM
t00by

inox workks better it i made of lanolinit is safe on electrics, works like wd-40 but better and you can also use it on your paint to clean it mke it shiine like new plus it water proof
Old 03-09-2015, 05:27 PM
seehuusen

Hey guys,

A bit of a grave dig I know, but I dug my boat out of the cupboard the other day.
I had a kid a year ago, changes in work and other hobbies intruding on my R/C hobby, all that kind of fun stuff

A mate of mine asked me to grab my boat out and do a bit of a race with his boat... I'm meeting up with him in about a month time, so I thought I'd get the dust off this boat and give it a proper revival

The 180 amp boat ESC I had in the boat is blinking away, but the motor isn't running... Something is up with the electronics.
So I'm going over it with another ESC to rule out issues a long the way...

If it turns out to be the ESC, would my
Turnigy Marine 60amp ESC work with the XK3665-B-2500KV Brushless Inrunner motor on a 37 x 1.4 x 4mm prop?
How do I calculate the AMPs drawn when on 3S vs 4S? I can't seem to find the logic I once knew so well... It would appear that some of the post's content have been deleted on this thread...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to rebuild the location of some of the gear, I wasn't really happy with how hard it was to replace things in the boat, plus it really needs some better flotation safety...

Cheers,
Martin
Old 03-11-2015, 02:46 PM
seehuusen

well, got the 180amp esc up and running, all the electronics is now sorted out
Old 03-13-2015, 02:00 AM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Seehuusen
I started with a 3639-1100kv motor on 3S with a 40mm x 1.4 pitch prop on a 60A ESC(nice and quick).
Battery 5800mah 3S.
Got bored changed the motor to a 3648-1450kv(will run on 4S) with all the rest the same.
In 75-100mm waves skips from one wave to the next, the hull is a 850mm offshore racer.
All my bits from Hobbyking.
The boat started a Venom Ocean Racer with a geared 540 brush motor (speed of a tug boat).
My other boat is a deep vee 600mm with a Hobbyking F1 outboard on the stern, sits on the prop in a straight line(calm water only boat).