Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Brushless Balaenoptera Musculus

no info on the WD-40? I guess I'll continue to use it's super properties

HAHAHA, on another note, you know how you take a boat out to the pond, it flips, something happens, and it's sitting there mocking you, and as a result, us R/C boaters should be prepared to go for a swim... HAHAHA, I did that yesterday, I hit a wave at full speed, the boat did a 360, and the battery got whipped out = NO power LOL

As a result, both of my jetboats are being built up to double as rescue boats
    I'm still getting some water in the boat, it must be a broken o-ring on the motor sleeve... Damn, coz that thing isn't going to be easy to get to either...
    I'm getting about a cup (250ml) of water to a 4000mah battery, or 10-15 mins of run time... I really need to confirm that runtime...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use WD40 or Corrosion X for all dunkings. With both I reaslly saturate alll electronics. I use several air receivers (not waterproof) and stick the little red pipe into esc and spray until it comes out the other end. Similar with rcvrs. Haven't lost one yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would love to see a video of you boat at full chop!...
    Hello, the IMAX b6 quattro fits the bill?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Motor sleeve or is it the cooling jacket O ring. I've done the 360 and landed right side up and kept on trucking and i just laughed. I thought, only in the movies as it was a perfect roll and not missing a lick. BTW- fishing pole time! I put hooks on my boatishing lines, not fishing hooks! I put the hooks close to CG line in case boat starts taking on water and f/pole is in car and i have to run to get it. Now about that time, the bow is all showing and fishing can grasp the hook with ease. BTW i see the weather from videos is raising cane there. I've been helping a gentleman from Puerto Rico with a wooden mono on setup and he's having a blast and is hooked on rc boats. Later! Now on corrosion-x, try and keep X off the led wires as time tends to make wires brittle thru experience.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Goldenduff
    Would love to see a video of you boat at full chop!...
    It's been super wet over here, hence I can't take my video camera out... However, today the sun is BEAMING down, it's wonderful outside, but I'm at work Typical LOL
    I will get a video in the next couple of days for ya promise

ORIGINAL: Mikeup
    Motor sleeve or is it the cooling jacket O ring.
    Yep, it's the o-ring, I guess I just couldn't explain it right

BTW i see the weather from videos is raising cane there.
    The weather has been crazy! If you see reports on massive amounts of foam coming over the street from the beach on the news... That's EXACTLY where I live LOL
    Further down the beach, they had been blasted with sand, which had been carried across streets!! And this was only Cyclone rated 1...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm getting good at swimming... I wish I didn't have to jump into murky flood water though LOL

Getting some more silicone today, I found that bloody leak!!! Well one of, perhaps there are more, time will tell... The leak was at the screw hole for the rudder, it seems it has moved around a little with all the force on the rudder at full pelt... Because I painted the inside of my hull black with white dots, it was really hard to tell in the bathtub, but sitting there in murky water, the sun hit the transom perfectly, to reveal a little bead of water trickling down... YES I FOUND YOU!!
    I'll also put the camera mount back on my remote control, so I can take some video

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nothing important.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When i came back from Korea on a troop ship. We were behind a typhoon ( spelling ) and we tossed like yo-yos and guys broke arms and other limbs. You would swore the ship was going to turn over for sure. I used to barber and they found outÂ* and they put me in nurses station to be safe. Well the higher you are in a boat, the more you sway and i was put in bathtub and strapped there for a couple of days. Bathroom duties ( mine ) won't comment. The captain said he didn't want his barber hurt. He tipped well and wasn't supposed to get tips as per VIPS. I didn't *****. Reason ship didn't wait till storm was over; shipping company was under contract, hell or highwater! The ships had big vats for making food and you could hear the covers slam shut every so often as the sounds went up thru medical like a sounding board. Good ole days!! Cyclones used to hit us in Korea and stay wet for a few weeks and our pay was flown in but not during these storms. When you mentioned cyclones, i remember the sstorms like yesterday!
    LOL, they are pretty crazy alright!! Being on a ship would be the last thing I'd want. We've got 6 foot swell at the moment... My missus' parents live further north, near Mackay. They have had category 4 Cyclones... THAT'S CRAZY!! Whole houses take off like gliders on a calm summer day...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd be more sympathetic, but we are currently camped in Kentucky on our way to Alabama to find some warm weather. Forecast for tom morrow night at home is 19 degrees f. Here foot tomorrow its 17 degrees with a forecast for tornadoes tonight. A tornado in a 22 foot motor home doesn't s.lund like fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

freezing degrees and a tornado... you keep that stuff over there LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hope you faired well overnight

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got some silicone to sort out the leak at the rudder. When pulling it apart, I noticed the screws were a bit loose... After 2 days, the silicone still hasn't cured [:-]
    anywho, I'm going to take it out tomorrow, hoping to get the video of the boat on 4S at the same time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you're not forgotten goldenstuff, I've just had a car accident this week, and my time has been spent sorting that out...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HOPE ALL IS WELL.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Mike, there was proper damage, but only to cars, no one was injured

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've always said that sheet metal can be replaced, but not lives. Glad all are OK.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey fellas,

OK, the rain has FINALLY stopped, for a day or two at least, so this afternoon, I've put the boat back together, with a balloon around a new Rx, my problems with moisture should be gone...
    Yeap, I still can't get the boat to seal properly... I don't know where it is coming from, and yeap, it's driving me insane...

Today I'll take it out on the pond, I'll only run it on 3S, because I was silly and left both my 4S batteries at home, and not in my lipo bag [:@]
    I haven't forgotten about that video on 4S mate I'll be able to take the boat out again on the weekend, so I'll attempt to do some video then weather permitting (apparently there is a new cyclone on the way down the coast...)

Cheers
    Martin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine leaked like a sieve. Problem is the shafts are almost impossible to grease as stock. This season it will be getting a new pair of brush less out runners with new mounts and easy to grease shafts. I also found that it requires really thorough taping of the hatch. Bottom line is I shrill think its the best cheap hull out there and well deserves the upgrade, and I like the idea of the twin motors, but with rudder steering, differential prop steering sucks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

inox workks better it i made of lanolinit is safe on electrics, works like wd-40 but better and you can also use it on your paint to clean it mke it shiine like new plus it water proof

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234