Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Hobbyking hulls quality

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Hobbyking hulls quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyking hulls quality

Ever since I got my little Neptune from Harbor frieght I felt how enjoyable RC boating is, so I want to upgrade my experience for just some casual fun, no racing...yet. I want a fast boat for sure and have been doing all the research on how they go together. While it's tempting to get a Revolt 30 and go I have been looking at HobbyKing hulls which look fantastic for custom building our own drivetrains the way we want.

I have my mind on their bigger ones like the Osprey and Outer Limits hulls which look awesome. I hear a lot of about these hulls here and the Genesis looks grat, but is it true? Are these hulls worth a big investment in top running gear or just good enough for some chinese cheap motors for fun at the lake on occasion? I decided I want to build my own drivetrain and need a hull worthy of it without spending a thousand dollars. So....

Are they quality? they look good to me.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:20 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hulls you mentioned are manufactured by TFL hobbies, good quality and if you want to make them stronger no harm adding some carbon cloth inside just don't over do the resin.
Mart
Old 09-22-2013, 07:09 PM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

I have several of TFL's products...they are made quite well.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 PM
785boats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I race a few TFL boats. Some, quite successfully. Most hulls are well constructed, but the motor mounts sometimes need re enforcing where they attach to the hull.
Check my gallery. The Arowana, Arowana II, Osprey, Poseidon Hydro, Poseidon rigger, & the Sea Predator, are all TFL hulls.
Here's the latest addition to my fleet from TFL. First runs last weekend. Looks promising.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	m_006.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1924648  
Old 09-26-2013, 08:50 AM
flraptor07

Originally Posted by 785boats
I race a few TFL boats. Some, quite successfully. Most hulls are well constructed, but the motor mounts sometimes need re enforcing where they attach to the hull.
Check my gallery. The Arowana, Arowana II, Osprey, Poseidon Hydro, Poseidon rigger, & the Sea Predator, are all TFL hulls.
Here's the latest addition to my fleet from TFL. First runs last weekend. Looks promising.
I'm going to be ordering a TFL Popeye real soon, as soon as I get my NAMBA card. Because TFL gives 10% off to NAMBA members. I've already got a Genesis 1045mm and I really like it, I just wish it would turn a little better without going belly up! LOL