Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

56" Catamaran build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

56" Catamaran build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
twissted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 56" Catamaran build

This build is my first build and is my 3rd boat.
I will show pictures of the hull and also the problems I had with the new hull. I'm going to tell you to never buy from fightercat on line as the quality sucks!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
twissted

Default RE: 56

This is why you shouldn't buy form fightercatracing.

It also has a lot of large air bubbles on the inside of the hull!
So I kept it so that I wouldn't have to spend 100.00 shipping to return it. I have made alot of repais already and will show pictures of the build now.
I you are looking for a well made hull look at the Central Marine boats I found them after buying this hull and wished that I found them first.
They are priced better as well. http://www.centralrcmarine.com/
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: twissted

I will show pictures of the hull and also the problems I had with the new hull. I'm going to tell you to never buy from fightercat on line as the quality sucks!
If you have a problem with a manufacturer then you should contact them and give them the chance to put it right not come on a public forum bashing them.
Mart
Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM
twissted

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

If you have a problem with a manufacturer then you should contact them and give them the chance to put it right not come on a public forum bashing them.
Mart
I did. Would you like to see the emails!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
twissted

A boat load of parts!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
twissted

This picture shows the 42'' Zonda sitiing on the 56'' hull.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
twissted

This shows the start of the motor mounts. The carbon ifber is 4 mil. and the webbing and bracing is 2 mil.

This picture is trying to show the brace that was made for the center of the nose of hull. What I did was cut the wedge looking piece from 1/4 plywood and then cover in fiberglass matt. I left the matt soft about a inch out sid of the brace so that when installed it would make a strong bond to the hull. I feels like a surf board now!

I bought this servo mount from Hor Racing. Now This is a great company! super fast shipping and his boats are awsome! check him out!

motor mount plates are in! I have the saddles to make for the rear of these big motors. I will cover the motors later. I will say this I run this same motor in my custom 4x4 race buggy. Stupid POWER!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
twissted

The small holes are for the zip-ties to hold motor.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
martno1fan

Mart
I did. Would you like to see the emails!!!

Like i said this is not the place for airing sob storys,while i understand if you have a problem your entitled to be upset i think you should sort it out in private.Personally i def wouldnt keep anything that i wasnt happy with,if you bought this using a credit card or even paypal you can easilly get your money back.Looking at the inside of the hull it looks like a niceley made boat or did you add the carbon kevlar ?.Looks like a nice build you have going on i wish you luck.
Mart
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
twissted

YOU spend 500.00 on a hull and get the crap I got. And sh*tty service. Then get back with me. You have your builds I have mine and if I want to share what kind of service I recieved. That is up to me. I put out the good and bad. This hull should have never been sold and that is my opinion with pictures to back it up. Bashing is something that is earned just as quality and good service. I will point this out with all the products that is used in this build. If you don't like it do your own build!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
twissted

This is wire that wraps around the tubing so that when you bend it. It doesn't kink.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
twissted

I think that the big motor should be installed just to see iff it fits also

Old 01-05-2013, 12:54 AM
martno1fan

No worries ive made my point thats the end of it as far as im concerned.Tip for you though when bending tubes just install the flex inside and bend,no crimped or collapsed tubes and no need for pipe benders or springs.
What size and kv are those tp motors your using in the hull ?,what lipos are you planning on using.
Mart
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 AM
siberianhusky

Thanks for posting you experiences, no other way of getting a valid opinion of the products available to us and/or the retailers unless people post the positive and negative.
I'll admit I haven't shopped at FC since the big meltdown between the owners, seems the quality of service has gone down since Ben left. Too bad used to be a good place to shop, my last order they tried to charge me more for shipping than the motor I wanted was worth. Should have been a 15$ flat rate shipping box, they wanted over 35$! Didn't respond to any of my emails wondering why the shipping was so high. Needless to say bought the same motor someplace else for the correct 15$ shipping.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM
madphil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mart
Did the manufacturer NOT look at it before they shipped it , i would be well naffed off , for that money it should not need "putting right"
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
twissted

He tried to charge me 40 dollars more for shipping as well. I already had a shipping price. That I had with a order placed before he sent the email. I used it and I think that also made him mad. I would stay away from this seller. I should point out that the motors he is selling can be bought much cheaper through horracing.com . I'm really sold on TP Power motors and TP make custom motors for horracing! Look at the specs. These motors kick ass! I run them in my boats and my 1/5 scale buggy. The 5694 12kv motor that I use in my buggy has so much power that the tires come off the bead locks on HPI baja wheels! It's so fast that it does a 100 ft burn out with ease! In my 42" cat the 3674 motors push it over 65mph and run on 6s lipos! cost for the SSS3674 with water jacket 52.00 the SSS5694 105.00 Best motors and the best price.
I will also show you the best place to buy esc's [email protected]s the person that will be your sales person and fightercat and fliermodel are one and the same as far as esc's go. this is my esc that I use in my 1/5 scale buggy.
The esc's for boat are water cooled and these guys make esc's for anyrthing in rc that you can think of and if thay don't ask them to make you one. the service is asome and you can use paypal! http://www.fliermodel.com/en/index.asp yor al welcome!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
twissted

The 5517/3 props came in. I started tinning the back side of the props and smothing and polishing the face of the blade as well.

Here is a picture of the lay out. I'm using the seat as a GPS holder instead of a cell phone holder.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM
twissted

well since my last post I installed a servo brace to the hull and a set of duel flush mount water pick ups.

This is my tow Jeep that will tow the boat im my local parade the secound weekend of May.
If you look close you can see that I installed hatch locks as well,
Old 01-12-2013, 03:36 PM
twissted

Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
twissted

This shows how I got the servo to get zero flex. I liked it so much that I also did the same for the motor mounts.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
tc4 drft

Regarding the quality of the hull that fightercatracing produces, it says right in the description, "Note* This is an unfinished fiberglass product. If you are uncomfortable with priming/painting and sanding or want to complain about a scratch, this is NOT the product for you.

If you are familiar with fiberglass hulls and like to build your own boats, this IS the hull for you! Scuff it up a bit, primer, sand & paint away!"

Maybe you noticed how the members on the OSE forums didnt bat an eye when you posted the same pictures. This is why their hulls are cheaper than most. They give you the basic hull, you finish it. Im not bashin ya, but dont misinform the RCU members.

Good luck on the build.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: tc4 drft

Regarding the quality of the hull that fightercatracing produces, it says right in the description, ''Note* This is an unfinished fiberglass product. If you are uncomfortable with priming/painting and sanding or want to complain about a scratch, this is NOT the product for you.

If you are familiar with fiberglass hulls and like to build your own boats, this IS the hull for you! Scuff it up a bit, primer, sand & paint away!''

Maybe you noticed how the members on the OSE forums didnt bat an eye when you posted the same pictures. This is why their hulls are cheaper than most. They give you the basic hull, you finish it. Im not bashin ya, but dont misinform the RCU members.

Good luck on the build.
Good post thanks for sharing .
Mart

ps
here it is in black and white from his site ,looks pretty clear to me.

Overall Length: 144cm x 35.5cm

Sponson Transom Overhang: 145mm

3430 Grams Empty Weight with Kevlar installed

Photo shown with Optional Carbon Kevlar re-inforcement. Motor mounts not included.

Last photo shown next to an HPR 115 for size comparison.

Note* This is an unfinished fiberglass product. If you are uncomfortable with priming/painting and sanding or want to complain about a scratch, this is NOT the product for you.

If you are familiar with fiberglass hulls and like to build your own boats, this IS the hull for you! Scuff it up a bit, primer, sand & paint away!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM
twissted

So air pockets and bad seams are covered in his discription! You guys are out in the night if you think that a hull showing up to your door with kevlar hanging off the hull is standered with boat hulls. It my be with fightercat!!! selling bad hulls is what I'm posting what are you saying that you like this kind of quality?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 PM
SCGoFast

So air pockets and bad seams are covered in his discription! You guys are out in the night if you think that a hull showing up to your door with kevlar hanging off the hull is standered with boat hulls. It my be with fightercat!!! selling bad hulls is what I'm posting what are you saying that you like this kind of quality?
Bought the 54" Mystic Sport from Rick last year. Twenty or so runs later and I still couldn't be happier with the quality and personal service that I got.

Hard to tell the damn thing had seams.

Can't go wrong with Central.

Phil

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35898.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1841333  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM
twissted

Yup that will be my next build. 72" Mystic or the Fountain. I like both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.